Senior QA Engineer (IMS) 
- Boulevard \"Tsarigradsko shose\" 115, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Employees can work remotely
Playtech is the gambling industry's leading technology company, delivering business intelligence-driven gambling software, services, content and platform technology across the industry’s most popular product verticals, including casino, live casino, sports betting, virtual sports, bingo and poker. It is the pioneer of omni-channel gambling technology through its integrated platform technology, Playtech ONE. Playtech ONE delivers data-driven marketing expertise, single wallet functionality, CRM and safer gambling solutions across one single platform across product verticals and across retail and online.
Playtech partners with and invests in the leading brands in regulated and newly regulated markets to deliver its data-driven gambling technology across the retail and online value chain. Playtech provides its technology on a B2B basis to the industry’s leading retail and online operators, land-based casino groups and government sponsored entities such as lotteries.
Playtech has in total c.5,900 employees across 18 countries and is headquartered in the Isle of Man. The Playtech Bulgaria team is built of more than 160 highly skilled developers, QA and IT experts who participate in the development of Poker, Casino and IMS products, which are essential part of Playtech’s product portfolio.
The Information Management Solution (IMS) is an all-embracing management system, designed to support the operation of Playtech’s entire product portfolio. It provides all the elements of an operational infrastructure in a full end-to-end solution and affords operators total command over all aspects of maintenance, configuration and administration. The IMS gives the tools for advanced player management, CRM, risk-management, a gateway to payment processing, performance analysis, and effective marketing and communication.
Compatible with multiple languages and currencies, the IMS is the leading management system in the gaming industry. It provides the ultimate comprehensive tool kit, monitoring player activity from the player’s first click on an affiliate’s banner, continuing through download, registration, deposits, play and withdrawal.
Playtech IMS is looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join IMS Bulgaria team. As such you will ensure high quality of delivery for critical business functions through design, development, execution and verification of test plans and test cases, automation suites, tools and processes. Your daily tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Review requirements, specifications, user documentation, help files and other project documentation to ensure quality of the products to be developed.
- Ensure that documentation is detailed enough to start with test planning phase.
- Create and maintain test strategies, test plans, test cases of a project.
- Ensures that test documentation is reviewed by other parties who are involved with project (i.e. QA/Dev analysts, developers, project managers etc.) before testing or test cases creation will start.
- Responsible of overall execution and coverage of test plans and test cases of a project.
- Provide estimations of needed testing effort for project to create testing documentation and run full test scope.
- Organize alpha tests in development environment to detect showstoppers before new project development is deployed to QA environments.
- Agree with Project management when developments are deployed to QA environments.
- Has very good overview of whole project.
- Identify with development teams any non-functional testing requirements and ensure that the necessary tools, training, personnel are available at an early stage to perform these types of testing.
- Development related documents (i.e. configuration guide) are created and reviewed before development is sent out from QA.
- Find resources from QA to automate some developments during every release.
- Must be able to take part of testing process in any phase if needed.
- Is responsible of defects that are found from production environment.
- Ensures that needed actions will be done to avoid similar production defects in the future.
- Conduct training for less-experience staff members and internally for another QA teams.
- Must have very good understanding of QA processes today.
- 3 to 4 years of directly related experience.
- Good knowledge of OOD/OOP and software engineering best practices
- Experience with automated load testing using various frameworks as JMeter or other.
- RDBMS experience (i.e. Oracle, MySQL).
- Experience with API testing requiring knowledge of SOAP, REST or Web Services testing.
- Knowledge of GIT, GitLab, or Subversion (SVN).
- Familiarity with Linux operating system.
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines (Bamboo & Jenkins).
- Strong technical documentation experience.
- Knowledge of application security concepts.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills internally and with other parties from outside QA.
- Knowledge about Agile/Scrum development process
- Demonstrates excellent ability to solve problems independently.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of the software engineering, quality assurance and implementation processes.
- Experience delegating tasks.
- Excellent analytical/critical thinking skills.
- Can maintain clear thinking in stressful situations.
- Self-organization skills
- Motivation to learn new things.
- Knowledge in test automation.
- Friendly environment in a team of highly skilled and motivated young people
- Personal and professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
- Work on interesting projects in a leading multinational company
- Flexible working time and fresh atmosphere
- Free snacks and beverages in the office