PMO & Project Manager
- Back Piccadilly, Manchester, UK
Playtech PLC is the world’s leading supplier of systems and content for the online gambling industry with other 5,000 employees worldwide. Playtech provides a complete solution for the management of omnichannel gambling across a range of verticals (casino, sports, poker and bingo) and is committed to supporting responsible gambling and protection of vulnerable players.
Neon, provided by Playtech, is the world’s fastest-growing system for bricks-and-mortar casinos. Neon’s prestigious international client base includes:
- SBM Monte Carlo (operator of the legendary casinos in Monaco)
- Sun International (South African operator of some of the world’s leading integrated resorts)
- MSC Cruises (operator of 15 high-end cruise ships with onboard casinos)
- Grosvenor Casinos (55 UK casinos connected to a central system hosted in Microsoft Azure)
- Olympic Casinos (Eastern Europe’s largest casino operator with over 100 casinos in 6 countries)
We continue to grow rapidly despite the devastating effect of COVID-19 on our industry and are currently expanding and reorganising to establish Neon as the global market leader. Alongside our head office in Oldham we have regional teams in Nice, Ho Chi Minh City, Johannesburg, Slovenia and Buenos Aries.
The success of Neon is built on strong client relationships, modern technology and customer-focused innovation. The product consists of a suite of modern, loosely coupled web and mobile applications which can be installed in the cloud or on-premise to deliver:
- The casino team with effective tools to manage risks and optimise revenue and efficiency
- Players with the best gaming experience and protection technology can enable
- Leading-edge CRM, marketing and engagement
- Enterprise-level business intelligence and machine learning
Working for Playtech
We operate a people first approach to our business and are highly focused on providing our team with the tools they need to excel. The team work hard and smart, investing their time and expertise in an environment which provides the freedom to express themselves and innovate.
We are a fast-growing, fast-moving company in a dynamic industry. Our sales teams bring many exciting opportunities and our strike rate in closing business is excellent. Our R&D teams are always working on new, innovative products. You will need to be a self-starter who can adapt to a changing environment to support the company’s ambitious growth plans.
The Neon Projects & Operations division is responsible for:
- Delivery of major new implementation projects globally
- Providing the tools and processes for regional teams to locally manage smaller projects, ensuring effective interfaces to the head office team.
- Procurement management, identifying our preferred partners to work with and managing the relationships with those partners to ensure best value for the business, whilst building sustainable partnerships and delivering quality products and services.
- Providing the hardware to our customers on which the Neon platform runs, incorporating R&D, procurement, stock holding and delivery logistics.
- Facilities Management for our physical office environments
You will report to the Director of Operations & Projects and will be responsible for:
- Providing consolidated status reporting across our global project portfolio for the management team
- Building and maintaining resource plans for all our teams, mapping to project deliveries
- Providing team leaders with resource planning dashboards and reports to effectively manage their teams
- Identifying conflicting resource requirements, and presenting to the management for prioritisation decisions
- Reporting time utilisation for our projects, and providing time booking KPI reports to the management team, showing status against budget. You will also work with project managers to forecast actual project costs, and providing consolidated reports for review.
- Document our processes and maintain document repositories in alignment with audit standards
We currently use Monday.com and Azure DevOps to manage our work, but are considering a move to Jira.
Our processes in the above areas are currently not mature, and the successful candidates will work with the Operations Director to design and implement our new processes, giving you the opportunity to really influence how we do things.
Additionally, the successful candidate will also be expected to manage small projects for our existing customers with responsibility for:
- Project planning
- Task management and coordination
- Scope control
- Budget Management
- Risk Management
- Issue Management
- Dependency Management
Your Experience, Skills and attitude
We are looking to significantly step up our delivery capabilities and mature our processes, and you will play an essential part in this. The successful candidate should have:
- Proven PMO experience, with the ability to evidence strength in resource management, portfolio reporting and budget management
- Change or project management experience
- Experience working within a client facing IT delivery environment
- Effective problem solving skills and able to effectively prioritise
- You must be naturally organised & methodical in your approach.
- Willing to step outside your role – we are still a relatively small division within Playtech, and we expect all staff to do what is required to ensure we can meet our client commitments.
- A positive attitude and approach to your work.
Location and working arrangements
The role is based at our head office in Chadderton (adjacent to the M60 J21).
In the short term this role will be 100% home based, as we are operating an essential worker only policy in all our offices due to Coronavirus. In the medium to longer term, it is expected that this role would be based 3 days a week in the office, with the ability to work 2 days a week from home.