Software Developer - UI
- 71 High Holborn, London, United Kingdom
About Playtech BGT Sports
Playtech BGT Sports specialises in the provision of online betting and gaming software to UK and global service providers. Headquartered in London and founded in 2005, our GenBet product provides operators with a robust and secure central customer management platform onto which any number of products can be added and managed. Sportsbook, Lottery, Pool Betting and Fixed-Odds Games modules allow the operator to tailor their online service whilst a comprehensive back office and reporting suite provides powerful tools for event and market management. Playtech BGT Sports has been a part of Playtech since January 2012, meaning that existing and future customers now benefit from the industry leading GenBet product suite, delivered on Playtech's comprehensive IMS (information management solution).
This is an opportunity for you to join a fun and supportive, fast-paced team, with an emphasis and enthusiasm for technology. We offer a competitive salary, training, health insurance, life assurance, child care vouchers, season ticket loans, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, subsidised gym membership, 25 days annual leave and more.
As a UI Software Engineer, you will become part of a diverse, highly technical development team, where everyone's input is valued. Our main focus is on solving complex, data-heavy problems in the most efficient way possible. Our office of over 75 Software Engineers & Testers operate within a highly collaborative environment and we like to play each person to their strengths, ensuring they are always working within a team that will not only challenge them but ultimately prove fulfilling.
- Development of our Sportsbook product and UI applications for back office and customer facing web sites.
- Implementing new features and maintaining production code.
- Designing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Contributing meaningful peer code reviews.
- Implementing unit tests.
- Working in an agile development process.
- Experience within a highly technical environment, solving complex problems.
- Good understanding in client-server architecture and web protocols
- Linux / Unix experience. Solid understanding of relational databases.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies or similar
- Experience of using Micro Services, RESTful APIs, message brokers (e.g. RabbitMQ) and NoSQL datastores (e.g. MongoDB).
- Experience of developing applications using non-blocking IO (event loops).
- Experience of Python, Tornado.
- Experience of Docker, Kubernetes.
- Understanding of the UI and UX concepts
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, GIMP or similar
- Previous commercial experience in Gambling or Sports Betting sector.
- An outside interest in programming reflected by a blog / portfolio, GitHub, Bit Bucket profile or personal website.
About our Office
We’re proud of our awesome new central London hub in Holborn, just minutes from Oxford Street and the famous West End. Of course, as of most of other tech companies we went full remote during the pandemic and it worked out unexpectedly well, thanks to all of our amazing colleagues and especially IT. At the same time, it’ll be great to see each other in person again when the world is back to normal. In part because our office is a really great place!
It houses more than 300 employees, bringing all the Playtech London teams together under one roof for the first time. We offer a stimulating work environment in a state-of-the-art, purpose-designed space, including a brand new communal area, with games including pool, table football, table tennis and video games. Our regular benefits include free cereal, fruit, tea, coffee and soft drinks, plus regular Friday drinks, Summer and Christmas parties and lots of other social events. Playtech also offers various other benefits after a full year of service. When you join Playtech, you join a global family!
Playtech is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applicants. Unless otherwise instructed, we will retain your details on file for 6 months in accordance with the data protection act.