- 71 High Holborn, London, United Kingdom
Playtech is a market leader in the gambling and financial trading industries. Founded in 1999 and listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, we have more than 5,000 employees in 19 countries. Playtech is the gambling industry’s leading software and services supplier and partners with many of the world’s leading regulated online, retail and mobile operators, land-based casino groups, government sponsored entities such as lotteries and new entrants opening operations in newly regulated markets. Its business intelligence-driven gambling software offering includes casino, live casino, bingo, poker and sports betting.
Based at our Holborn office, we are currently looking to recruit an additional Project Manager including a Scrum Master element to join our project management team within the Playtech Bingo division. The Playtech Bingo team is responsible for delivering and maintaining the bingo platform and the bingo network for our licensees, which include many top tier operators such as: Sun Bingo, Gala, Ladbrokes, SkyBingo, William Hill, Bet 365, Mecca and many others.
As a Project Manager/Scrum Master you will be expected to take full ownership of your projects to ensure completion and successful delivery to the satisfaction of internal and external stakeholders / management. The project management office will rely on the Project Manager/Scrum Master to manage and follow up on open items and track project issues and risks for a number of different projects concurrently. This Role will require the Project Manager/Scrum Master to ensure all aspects of the delivery are tracked, ensuring projects are resourced and meet client and business expectations.
You will be expected to take ownership of multiple projects and manage various types of deliveries, ranging in complexity, such as:
- Delivering key upgrades to an established bespoke product used by all our customers. This includes product enhancements, new features, bespoke software development and technical upgrades.
- New Products – Managing the overall delivery process from concept, right through to launch with key stakeholders.
- Data Migrations – Managing complex data migrations that includes player data, game data, payment data, financial and transactional history from external platforms and 3rd Party systems.
- Technical Integrations – Managing internal and external integration projects, ranging from internal back office systems and product integrations, 3rd party wallet integrations and 3rd party platform / software integrations.
- Compliance – Delivering key projects to meet the changes in compliance / certification guidelines across multiple jurisdictions and territories.
- Onboarding projects of new brands to the Bingo network and all internal/external integrations required as a result
The gaming industry is a fast moving and competitive environment, where our customers apply great pressure to differentiate themselves from the competition and to be first to market for any new content, features and technical upgrades. A key role of the Project manager is to ensure they can not only thrive in this type of environment but can also effectively manage our clients’ expectations.
You will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a wide range of people, 3rd parties, clients and senior management, working closely with all aspects of the business (product development, account management, development teams and operations), on a number of projects throughout each release cycle.
The main duties and responsibilities in this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Take ownership of the entire individual project life cycle from inception to deployment and post-deployment support.
- Concurrently manage multiple projects.
- Understand high level architecture and consume high level technical flow information at pace applying this understanding to your projects to be able to steer the project
- Project delivery within Time / Budget and quality assurance.
- Manage all project and non-project processes that directly or indirectly impact delivery.
- Manage stakeholder / management expectations.
- Managing 3rd Party providers / technical teams (both internal and external to Playtech)
- Effectively managing project scope, issues and risks.
- Ensure project reporting and admin is up to date and project status and reporting is always accurately maintained.
- Attending the weekly programme board to discuss project progress, risks and issues.
- Involvement in pre-sales / concept stages of upcoming projects.
- Perform Scrum Master role:
- Manage team ceremonies (Scrum, Grooming, Sprint Planning etc.)
- Coach team during ceremonies ensuring their productivity
- Manage team board ensuring this is up to date
- Track Epics/Stories/Tasks to manage team deliverables
- Manage overall team delivery ensuring mandatory non-project specific tasks are completed ahead of delivery e.g. Security sign off, PII compliance adherence etc.
- Perform Scrum Master team admin
- Release Manager – Manage and coordinate releases to live platform with and without downtime
- Technical IT Background (Academic or recent experience)
- Recent hands-on Project Management / Delivery experience in a software development environment.
- Agile methodology experience.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Knowledge of the best practices for project management.
- High standards of both written and oral communication.
- Appreciation of both waterfall and Agile delivery methodologies, and the ability to apply them appropriately.
- IT orientated skill set.
- Formal Project Management certification (PRINCE2, Scrum Master)
- Knowledge of or experience within an Online Gaming environment (preferable)
Degree Education preferred
Our new central London hub in Holborn, just minutes from Oxford Street and the famous West End, houses more than 300 employees, bringing all the Playtech London teams together under one roof for the first time. We offer a stimulating work environment in a state-of-the-art, purpose-designed space, including a brand new communal area, with games including pool, table football, table tennis and video games. Our regular benefits include free cereal, fruit, tea, coffee and soft drinks, plus regular Friday drinks, Summer and Christmas parties and lots of other social events. Playtech also offers various other benefits after a full year of service. When you join Playtech, you join a global family!
Playtech is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applicants. Unless otherwise instructed, we will retain your details on file for 6 months in accordance with the data protection act.
Due to the high volume of applications, if we do not come back to within five days, please take it that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.