Data Engineer - 
- 9 Broadgate, Chadderton, United Kingdom
Playtech PLC is the world’s leading supplier of systems and content for the online gambling industry with over 5,000 employees worldwide. Playtech provides a complete solution for the management of omnichannel gambling across a range of verticals (casino, sports, poker and bingo) and is committed to supporting responsible gambling and protection of vulnerable players.
Our Manchester office (M60 J21), is the home of Neon, the world’s fastest-growing system for bricks-and-mortar casinos. Neon’s prestigious international client base includes:
- SBM Monte Carlo (operator of the legendary casinos in Monaco)
- Sun International (South African operator of some of the world’s leading integrated resorts)
- MSC Cruises (operator of 15 high-end cruise ships with onboard casinos)
- Grosvenor Casinos (55 UK casinos connected to a central system hosted in Microsoft Azure)
- Olympic Casinos (Eastern Europe’s largest casino operator with over 100 casinos in 6 countries)
We continue to grow rapidly despite the devastating effect of COVID-19 on our industry and are currently expanding and reorganising to establish Neon as the global market leader. Alongside our Manchester office, we have teams in Nice, Nova Gorica, Ho Chi Minh City, Johannesburg and Buenos Aries which each serve the local market.
The success of Neon is built on strong client relationships, modern technology and customer-focused innovation. The product consists of a suite of modern, loosely coupled web and mobile applications which can be installed in the cloud or on-premise to deliver:
- The casino team with effective tools to manage risks and optimise revenue and efficiency
- Players with the best gaming experience and protection technology can enable
- Leading-edge CRM, marketing and engagement
- Enterprise-level business intelligence and machine learning
Working for Playtech
We operate a people first approach to our business and are highly focused on providing our team with the tools they need to excel. The team work hard and smart, investing their time and expertise in an environment which provides the freedom to express themselves and innovate.
We are a fast-growing, fast-moving company in a dynamic industry. Our sales teams bring many exciting opportunities and our strike rate in closing business is excellent. Our R&D teams are always working on new, innovative products. You will need to be a self-starter who can adapt to a changing environment to support the company’s ambitious growth plans.
Our software development function is based in Manchester and organised in a series of trusted, highly motivated, autonomous product teams. Our developers engage directly with end users in the casinos and use the latest technologies (Azure, Service Fabric microservices, .Net Core, Angular, UWP etc) to design and build a powerful suite of cloud-based and on-premise business applications.
We are looking for a talented Data Engineer to join the Data Engineering team in a role involving the design, development, installation and support of a range of innovative software products.
You will play a key role in the design & implementation of data & BI solutions that are heavily relied upon by both land-based casino business users, and land-based casino players around the world.
You will work with and learn from the some of the most experienced gaming data professionals in the industry.
You will report to the Head of Data & Analytics and your responsibilities will include:
- Playing a key role in the day-to-day operations of the Data and Analytics teams
- Designing and implementing reports, ETL pipelines and integrations
- Designing and implementing Analysis Services OLAP solutions (multidimensional and tabular)
- Installing, upgrading and maintaining apps, data services, and databases for a large global customer base
- Designing and performing data migrations between apps & systems
- Exploring, understanding and profiling data sources
- Optimising queries and data processing routines
- Providing technical support to internal and external stakeholders
- Contributing to technical & user documentation
- Contributing to technical solution discussions
- Contributing to establishing polices around development and testing best practices
Your Experience and Skills
- 3+ years of modern Microsoft SQL Server – expert in all aspects of database lifecycle e.g. installation, querying, stored procedures, SQL agent, data manipulation, maintenance tasks (backup, restore etc.)
- 2+ years SQL Server Integration Services or similar
- Data modelling and an appreciation of Kimball methodology
- Logical and physical database design
- SQL Query / Stored Procedure profiling & optimisation
- Excel and data analysis
- Excellent maths/stats
- SQL Server Analysis Services
- MDX / DAX
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- Working with source code control e.g. git
- Windows Server basic administration
- Experience working with an Agile workflow
- Experience with Predictive Analytics / Machine Learning
- C# / .Net development
- Exposure to NoSQL databases
Our General Expectations
You will be exhibit:
- A strong desire to learn, develop, refine and master all aspects of your profession and industry
- Determined, proactive and confident personality
- A demand for precision and obsessive attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with stakeholders of all levels, pitching your ideas and concepts at the right level, you will translate between the technical and business domains with ease
- An ability and enthusiasm to solve problems, you will collaborate with your peers to proactively seek solutions
- A willingness to accept that both complexity and change are inevitable in a dynamic environment, you will embrace this with a smile on your face