Backend Development Manager 
- Boulevard \"Tsarigradsko shose\" 115, Sofia, Bulgaria
Playtech is the gambling industry's leading technology company, delivering business intelligence-driven gambling software, services, content and platform technology across the industry’s most popular product verticals, including casino, live casino, sports betting, virtual sports, bingo and poker. It is the pioneer of omni-channel gambling technology through its integrated platform technology, Playtech ONE. Playtech ONE delivers data-driven marketing expertise, single wallet functionality, CRM and safer gambling solutions across one single platform across product verticals and across retail and online.
Playtech partners with and invests in the leading brands in regulated and newly regulated markets to deliver its data-driven gambling technology across the retail and online value chain. Playtech provides its technology on a B2B basis to the industry’s leading retail and online operators, land-based casino groups and government sponsored entities such as lotteries.
Playtech has in total c.5,900 employees across 18 countries and is headquartered in the Isle of Man. The Playtech Bulgaria team is built of more than 160 highly skilled developers, QA and IT experts who participate in the development of Poker, Casino and IMS products, which are essential part of Playtech’s product portfolio.
We are looking for a Development Manager to join our Casino Platform team in Bulgaria. He/she will assume responsibility for the back-end Agile software development team (~12 people);
The daily tasks:
- Establishing and overseeing software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of high-quality software in an Agile environment;
- Ensuring and maintaining high quality source code. Conducting code reviews, research, development, design, and evaluation for different projects;
- Making decisions about back-end architecture and innovation;
- Constantly searching for and applying optimizations in the processes in order to maintain continuous improvement;
- Guiding, coaching and mentoring software team leaders and software developers in every aspect of the software development process. Resolving and mediating team conflicts;
- Requesting and approving the necessary tools, accesses and resources for the entrusted team’s work;
- Together with own subordinates, deciding on their career development and training opportunities;
- Develop relations with existing internal and external customers to interpret requirements and provide technical solutions;
- Acting as technical advisor and communicating with various level of management.
- Ideally 2+ years’ experience in leading projects and small teams (up to 15 ppl);
- 5+ years of software development experience with focus on back-end solutions;
- Expert knowledge in Java 8 Streams/Lambdas, Functional programming knowledge;
- Continuous integration tools (Jenkins);
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes will be considered as an advantage;
- Experience with Agile SDLC;
- Experience managing and liaising with remote colleagues and stakeholders;
- Leadership skills – leading by example;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical field is an advantage.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please note that given the current circumstances, the interview process will be held remotely, through virtual conference tools.