Senior Front End Developer
- Sportyvna Square, 1a, Kyiv, Ukraine
Playtech is the gambling industry's leading technology company, delivering business intelligence-driven gambling software, services, content and platform technology across the industry’s most popular product verticals, including casino, live casino, sports betting, virtual sports, bingo and poker. It is the pioneer of omni-channel gambling technology through its integrated platform technology, Playtech ONE. Playtech ONE delivers data-driven marketing expertise, single wallet functionality, CRM and safer gambling solutions across one single platform across product verticals and across retail and online.
Playtech partners with and invests in the leading brands in regulated and newly regulated markets to deliver its data-driven gambling technology across the retail and online value chain. Playtech provides its technology on a B2B basis to the industry’s leading retail and online operators, land-based casino groups and government sponsored entities such as lotteries.
Playtech has in total c.5,900 employees across 18 countries and is headquartered in the Isle of Man.
In 2015, our Kiev office was listed in the top 25 most popular offices in the world by Office Snapshots, a leading online resource for the global design community.
Located in Gulliver’s bustling business centre, the office boasts stunning panoramic views along the entire parameter of the building and houses a modern interior with maximum light while feeling cosy and inviting at the same time.
The concept of the office style was developed by architecture experts, the SoEsthetic Group, who designed our comfortable reception areas, spacious game zone, two kitchens per floor and the exceptional view across the beautiful city.
Follow us on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/18717
Watch us on YouTube youtube.com/c/PlaytechChannel
The Bingo platform supports 50+ bingo sites hosting over 250 unique games/features which run in 1000s of different configurations.
We have customers around the world who play in different languages and under different rules /regulations (eg UK UKGC, Italy). We maintain a multitude of games, integrations, admin screens, live monitoring tools and native apps.
Our development team in Kiev has a key role in modernising and enhancing the Bingo platform, designing and developing a new suite of tools which will take Bingo to the next level.
This is truly open platform and provides a flexible solution that maximizes player gaming experience whilst minimizing operational costs. Our development unit offers agile environment, welcomes new ideas and technologies, as well as improvements of day-to-day processes and activities. This is a great opportunity for a professional who is looking for challenge and experience cooperating in dynamic truly cross-territory environment.
As an organization, we provide white label products which required multi-language, configurable, maintainable, stable, readable, performant and innovative product solutions. These core principles drive our technology choices.
We develop for only recent browser versions so we can use the latest and greatest features. We use design patterns, OOP and well supported / popular frameworks to structure our code.
We need to know what our code is doing so we avoid using heavy and unnecessary frameworks (eg JQuery).
Our use of unit tests and automation ensure that we are confident that our new features won’t break anything.
Just to name a few:
• Webpack 4
• HTML 5
• Design, code and debug core platform components
• Working at all stages of the product lifecycle from requirements capture, through design and implementation to system testing and integration
• Increase efficiency through automation, workflow streamlining, and system optimization
• Keeping current with new technologies and making recommendations to the team
• Maintaining and enhancing existing product code
• Cooperate with members of the QA and delivery teams to ensure products are tested, installed and maintained to a high standard
• Maintaining high quality coding standards within the team
• Active participation in agile scrum process.
• Excellent Communication Skills
• 4+ years of experience in professional software development
• A degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• Formal OO programming training/experience
• Experience in modern Web technologies
• Webpack, Node, NPM, ES6, CSS (and/or Less/Sass)
• You know how to build multi-platform, multi-lingual product (desktop, mobile, native mobile)
• Vanilla JS
• Good English level
As a plus:
• We are using HTML5 interfaces and will be good if you know web-sockets, browser storages and canvas
• Will be a plus if you know frameworks like Pixi.JS, Angular, React
• TDD/BDD using Jest
• It’s good if you experience with Mocha, Jasmine and other test tools — Chai, Karma
• We have interesting infrastructure tasks and if you know Node.js — excellent
• Our product launched on a lot of platforms and it’s good if you can create adaptive and cross platform design
• Professional growth
• Educational possibilities
• Competitive compensation
• Fully-equipped perfect office space located in the city center (“Palats Sportu” metro station)
• Warm and friendly attitude to every specialist
• Possibility to cooperate with a product company
If you are creative, “out of box thinker” and ambitious enough to make a difference in such a large scale International business, you are more than welcome to apply for one of our open positions at Playtech Kyiv. We’ll contact you if there’s a fit with one of our opportunities.