Senior Business Analyst - 
- High Holborn, London, UK
Playtech is a market leader in the gambling and financial trading industries. Founded in 1999 and listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, we have more than 5,000 employees in 19 countries. Playtech is the gambling industry’s leading software and services supplier and partners with many of the world’s leading regulated online, retail and mobile operators, land-based casino groups, government sponsored entities such as lotteries and new entrants opening operations in newly regulated markets. Its business intelligence-driven gambling software offering includes casino, live casino, bingo, poker and sports betting.
We are the pioneers of Omni-channel gambling which, through Playtech ONE, offers operators and their customers, a seamless, anytime, anywhere experience across any product, any channel (online, mobile, retail) and any device using a single account and single wallet. It provides marketing expertise, sophisticated CRM solutions and other services for operators seeking a full turnkey solution.
The company has won numerous awards including the prestigious Gaming Intelligence Game of the Year award 2018 for its Age of the Gods games that includes slots, table games and live casino. Alongside our own cutting-edge gaming studios and content, we license some of the world's most popular brands from Hollywood studios including Warner Bros, consumer products on behalf of DC Entertainment, Paramount, Fox, NBC Universal, MGM and many more.
Playtech is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applicants. Unless otherwise instructed, we will retain your details on file for 6 months in accordance with the data protection act.
Main purpose of the job
The Business Analyst/Product Owner will be a key member of our Bingo Product Team, reporting to the Head of Business Analysis/Product Ownership.
The main responsibilities will be; working closely with Product stakeholders within the company and externally to capture requirements, translating them into relevant user stories, acceptance criteria and supporting documentation in order to successfully plan and push development items to live as part of an Agile development team.
The successful candidate will be required to liaise daily with all areas and levels of the business and communicate with our client base, working on a range of committed projects for release, liaising with the Director of Bingo and Head of BA/PO in order to take committed items from a global backlog and see them through to completion.
In addition, the BA/PO will be expected to present concepts and specifications to key stakeholders and development staff, obtaining project estimations that they will then relay to Bingo Licensees for prioritisation. There will be exposure to a mix of new product developments spread across 12 sprint releases per year with larger projects spanning more than 1 sprint release.
Key Areas of Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ensure all analysis artifacts are produced in accordance with the Playtech Bingo development and project management methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of the Agile development lifecycle and practical experience in previous complimentary roles.
- Work with internal and external customers to analyze their needs and align product road map to strategic goals.
- Own the development success of your portion of the Product road map aligning with the wider scale road map commitments and deliverable's.
- Capture key user perspectives and create relevant requirements documents that link to epics and stories that guide the Agile software development team to kick start development discussions.
- Provide support documentation and mock-ups in accordance with the business priorities and timescales
- Liaise with all areas of the business to collate and validate requirements.
- Participate in the initial and ongoing discussions with the client, once top-level requirements have been ascertained.
- Solve product related problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments
- Attain and develop an expertise of the Playtech Bingo product offerings.
- Attain and develop an expertise of the various internal systems and 3rd parties used by Playtech
- Identify and help the client understand the business model, value and value proposition.
- Provide regular demo’s and content presentations to the Project Team and various stake holders, including external stakeholders.
- Day to day communication with the business, including the Project Office, Development Teams and Test Team, this includes tracking work requirements through a variety of governance tools and methods. This also includes maintaining relationships and communication lines with nominated Points of Contact of external clients.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product.
- Assistance with the training and production of user documentation and supporting help text.
- Be a leader and representative of the Product team as a satellite resource that consults in organized scrum teams and work in collaboration with a projects assigned Scrum Master.
- Strong and consistent record of academic achievement, e.g. good A-levels plus at least a 2:1 from a well-regarded university
- Any formal Business Analysis certification
- Strong BA experience in a similar role at a development focused organization or department.
- Ability to grasp new concepts and systems using own initiative.
- Demonstrable experience of liaising with the business and client to ensure requirements gathered are effectively translated to the development teams.
- Ability to be the voice of the end user within the business whilst maintaining the business’ best interests in a development cycle
- Agile-based project exposure (desirable)
- Knowledge of or experience within an Online Gaming environment (preferable)
- High standards of both written and oral communication
- IT orientated skill set
- Highly organised and administrative nature
- Proven ability to prioritise based upon changing commercial pressures
- Persuasive, confident and diplomatic
- Ability to present software proposals/concepts to project stakeholders
Our new central London hub in Holborn, just minutes from Oxford Street and the famous West End, houses more than 300 employees, bringing all the Playtech London teams together under one roof for the first time. We offer a stimulating work environment in a state-of-the-art, purpose-designed space, including a brand new communal area, with games including pool, table football, table tennis and video games. Our regular benefits include free cereal, fruit, tea, coffee and soft drinks, plus regular Friday drinks, Summer and Christmas parties and lots of other social events. Playtech also offers various other benefits after a full year of service. When you join Playtech, you join a global family!