Senior Java Developer (005147]
- 71 High Holborn, London, United Kingdom
Playtech is a leading software provider for online gaming operators and can be positively considered as one of the pioneers of the worldwide online and land-based gaming industry. Company's business portfolio consists of the most prominent names in the business, including Bet365, William Hill, PaddyPower, Gala, Coral, Betclic, Winner, Betfair, Poker770, etc. Behind the eminent success of Playtech's products and services there are around 5,000 people located in 14 countries, the majority of whom are engaged in research and development of current and future gaming technologies. For additional information on Playtech, and the Playtech Group of companies, please visit http://www.playtech.com
We are looking for an energetic and positive Senior Java developer to work on a dynamic and innovative Greenfield project to build innovative casino and online gaming solutions. This role is a fantastic opportunity for candidates who wish to work on new and interesting technologies and want to deliver the next generation gaming experience with one of the world’s largest gaming companies. This will be undertaken using a modern continuous delivery development model.
The project itself is a very innovative model driven approach to game development that offers many challenges for design, algorithms, extensibility as well as product and service implementation. You will have the chance to shape our technical product delivery, chose technologies and help us transform an internal tool suite into a set of industry winning products.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Help deliver several new software gaming components.
- Working through all stages of software delivery lifecycle from requirements refinement, development, testing, release & maintenance.
- Responsibility for architecture, software design decisions, technology choices & delivery approach.
- Work with the team in an agile continuous delivery model
- Strong Java experience (preferably Java 8)
- JUnit and automated testing
- Experience in OOPS concepts and design patterns
- Software delivery within an enterprise environment
- Ability to write efficient, clear code that is easy to maintain and test
- Hibernate, SQL/Postgres, Couchbase
- Spring, Maven, SpringMVC, Web services/REST services, JAXB, JUnit
- Jenkins, Jetty, Linux
- IntelliJ IDEA/Eclipse
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Scala, Sbt, Akka, Gatling
- Gaming industry experience
- Agile, Devops, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development
- Mathematics skills (probability & statistics)
Degree Education preferred.
Corosin is a team within Playtech UK that creates new and innovative tools for the creation of online games. The Corosin team functions with the passion, freedom and attitude of a start-up, yet with the resources and customers of one of the world’s biggest gaming companies.Our products are both innovative from a design perspective, but also utilise modern technologies and delivery approach (although this is where you come in). The Corosin team’s products are changing the gaming industry and are at the heart of Playtech’s future and we would like you to be part of that future too.