Software Developer - Algos 
- 71 High Holborn, London, United Kingdom
About Playtech BGT Sports
Playtech Sports specialises in the provision of online betting and gaming software to UK and global service providers. Headquartered in London and founded in 2005, our GenBet product provides operators with a robust and secure central customer management platform onto which any number of products can be added and managed. Sportsbook, Lottery, Pool Betting and Fixed-Odds Games modules allow the operator to tailor their online service whilst a comprehensive back office and reporting suite provides powerful tools for event and market management. Playtech Sports has been a part of Playtech since January 2012, meaning that existing and future customers now benefit from the industry leading GenBet product suite, delivered on Playtech's comprehensive IMS (information management solution).
This is an opportunity for you to join a fun, supportive and fast-paced team, with an emphasis and enthusiasm for technology.
We offer a competitive salary, training, health insurance, life assurance, child-care vouchers, season ticket loans, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, subsidised gym membership, 25 days annual leave and more.
We offer the very best working facilities in our London office which includes chill-out areas containing pool table, and games consoles. Our working atmosphere is creative, relaxed and professional, with a lot of bright people solving a lot of interesting problems.
About our Office
Our new central London hub in Holborn, just minutes from Oxford Street and the famous West End, houses more than 300 employees, bringing all the Playtech London teams together under one roof for the first time. We offer a stimulating work environment in a state-of-the-art, purpose-designed space, including a brand new communal area, with games including pool, table football, table tennis and video games. Our regular benefits include free cereal, fruit, tea, coffee and soft drinks, plus regular Friday drinks, Summer and Christmas parties and lots of other social events. Playtech also offers various other benefits after a full year of service. When you join Playtech, you join a global family!
Playtech is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applicants. Unless otherwise instructed, we will retain your details on file for 6 months in accordance with the data protection act.
Due to the high volume of applications, if we do not come back to within five days, please take it that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
As a Python Developer in the Algorithms team, you will be part of a diverse, highly technical development team, where everyone's input is valued. Our focus is on solving complex problems in the most efficient way possible. Our office of Software Developers & Testers operate within a highly collaborative environment. We like to play each person to their strengths, ensuring they are always working within a team that will not only challenge them but ultimately prove fulfilling.
Your role as a Python Developer will be to create and maintain applications within our micro service architecture using a mix of Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Oracle SQL and RabbitMQ. Experience in these specific technologies is essential as is experience in Linux environments, databases and a confidence in general programming paradigms.
- Development of the mathematical models behind our Sportsbook product and applications.
- Working with quantitative analysts to translate mathematical models from spreadsheets and Jupyter notebooks to efficient code in production.
- Implementing new features and maintaining production code.
- Analysis and investigation of bug reports provided by customers.
- Contributing meaningful peer code reviews.
- Implementing unit and integration tests.
- Working in an agile development process.
- 2+ years professional experience using any modern programming language (preferably Python).
- Linux / Unix experience.
- Experience of Python, NumPy, Cython, C.
- Experience of developing software in a quantitative environment.
- Solid experience with relational databases.
- An interest in Open Source technologies.
- Experience using Microservices, RESTful APIs, message brokers (e.g. RabbitMQ).
- Experience coding in a statically typed language.
- Experience writing high-performance CPU bound software.
- Experience of Docker, Kubernetes.
- Previous commercial experience in Gambling or Sports Betting sector.
- An outside interest in programming reflected by a blog / portfolio, GitHub, Bit Bucket profile or personal website.