QA Engineer 
- 1A Wherry Quay, Ipswich, United Kingdom
Ipswich is home to Playtech owned Gaming Technology Solutions (GTS). GTS is a leading global supplier of virtual gaming solutions for online and retail gaming & sports betting operations. The platform provides cutting-edge proprietary software using the latest motion capture technology, producing life-like 3D graphics and exciting gameplay.
GTS is able to offer the industry’s most exciting simulation of live sports and casino games available. The product is integrated with both Playtech and operator player account management systems, and offers bespoke solutions to suit customer need, including customizable solutions and branding. The product offers extensive betting opportunities across a variety of events, including football, basketball, tennis, horse racing and greyhounds, as well as other gaming products.
Reporting to the QA Lead, the QA Engineer will be responsible for both manual and automated testing of all platform features.
The candidate will work at all stages of the product lifecycle helping to test newly developed features and deliverables. This will include regression testing of full versions, doing exploratory work on live issues, continuing work on formalizing test scripts and processes, and looking at new ways to automate parts of the testing process. You will be working closely with developers, technical delivery, and content personnel to ensure the highest possible quality of the product.
The ideal candidate would be a self-motivated individual who can take the initiative and is happy to work both by themselves (especially in these remote working times) and closely with others. You will be working in an agile team meaning a fast paced and flexible environment. As part of a self-organizing team you will have the freedom to decide with your colleagues when and how work gets done during each iteration, with close support from the management team to ensure full understanding of the product and direction. We are also looking for someone who is able to form their own opinions and ideas and present them for the benefit of their colleagues and the product.
Key Areas of Responsibilities and Tasks
- Testing platform and content features to ensure functional integrity
- Maintain a detailed test automation framework and methodology. Develop subject matter expertise in application and system functionality for development of automation test scripts. Execute automated regression tests to ensure business and technical requirements traceability and complete test coverage
- Production of test scripts and documentation to facilitate high quality reusable testing
- Support developers with deep investigation of issues to determine cause and possible solutions
- Working with members of the platform and operations teams to ensure products are tested, installed and maintained to a high standard
- Working well in a team, with software developers, designers, technical managers, and gaming specialists
- Work with Technical Delivery, Development and other QA personal to track and report testing milestones. Notify QA Lead of project related risks associated with automated testing impacts and delays
- Provide project status reports, with supporting regression testing metrics on a regular basis. Assist with creating and maintaining automation support documents surrounding standards, policies, procedures and metrics
- Document current performance standards, identify and record applications requiring baselines/minimum standards, and document performance testing strategies and results
- Develop and maintain reusable, data driven automated test scripts in one or more of the following tools: QuickTest Pro (QTP), Smarte Script, TestRunner, WinRunner, Unified Test Pro (UTP), Selenium, Sahi, Twist etc.
- A 2nd or 1st class honours degree. The subject should include some aspects of computer science
- Systems administration, developing or releasing server-client web solution
- Experience with automated testing tools and frameworks
- Some Development experience
- Software and UI testing
- Experience in working in an Agile
- XML, dynamic web content
- SVN, VersionOne, JIRA
- Knowledge of gambling and gaming products
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Creation of data driven automated test scripts
Playtech is a market leader in the gambling and financial trading industries. Founded in 1999 and listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, we have more than 5,000 employees in 19 countries. Playtech is the gambling industry’s leading software and services supplier and partners with many of the world’s leading regulated online, retail and mobile operators, land-based casino groups, government sponsored entities such as lotteries and new entrants opening operations in newly regulated markets. Its business intelligence-driven gambling software offering includes casino, live casino, bingo, poker and sports betting.
We are the pioneers of Omni-channel gambling which, through Playtech ONE, offers operators and their customers, a seamless, anytime, anywhere experience across any product, any channel (online, mobile, retail) and any device using a single account and single wallet. It provides marketing expertise, sophisticated CRM solutions and other services for operators seeking a full turnkey solution.
The company has won numerous awards including the prestigious Gaming Intelligence Game of the Year award 2018 for its Age of the Gods games that includes slots, table games and live casino. Alongside our own cutting-edge gaming studios and content, we license some of the world's most popular brands from Hollywood studios including Warner Bros, consumer products on behalf of DC Entertainment, Paramount, Fox, NBC Universal, MGM and many more.
Playtech is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applicants. Unless otherwise instructed, we will retain your details on file for 6 months in accordance with the data protection act.
Due to the high volume of applications, if we do not come back to within five days, please take it that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.