Indirect Tax Manager / Senior Manager - 
- 71 High Holborn, London, United Kingdom
- A FTSE 250 Gaming Software business operating in 19 countries
- 1.24 billion of assets under management
Playtech is a market leader in the gambling and financial trading industries. Founded in 1999 and listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange, we have more than 5,000 employees in 19 countries. Playtech is the gambling industry’s leading software and services supplier and partners with many of the world’s leading regulated online, retail and mobile operators, land-based casino groups, government sponsored entities such as lotteries and new entrants opening operations in newly regulated markets. Its business intelligence-driven gambling software offering includes casino, live casino, bingo, poker and sports betting.
We are the pioneers of Omni-channel gambling which, through Playtech ONE, offers operators and their customers, a seamless, anytime, anywhere experience across any product, any channel (online, mobile, retail) and any device using a single account and single wallet. It provides marketing expertise, sophisticated CRM solutions and other services for operators seeking a full turnkey solution.
The company has won numerous awards including the prestigious Gaming Intelligence Game of the Year award 2018 for its Age of the Gods games that includes slots, table games and live casino. Alongside our own cutting-edge gaming studios and content, we license some of the world's most popular brands from Hollywood studios including Warner Bros, consumer products on behalf of DC Entertainment, Paramount, Fox, NBC Universal, MGM and many more.
Indirect Tax Manager/Senior Manager
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and driven Indirect Tax Manager/ Senior Manager to join our growing tax team. In a truly business facing role where indirect taxes is a critical success factor, you will work closely with people from across the business - from accountants to lawyers to
technology experts to understand and advise on the indirect tax implications of operations and future plans.
- This is an advisory focused role
- Working with the Head of Tax and senior stakeholders within the business, to develop and deliver a robust strategy for Indirect Taxes across the group
- Provide practical and timely advice to requests from the businesses for indirect tax input on their projects and plans
- Assessing the current processes and controls, making improvements where necessary
- Staying abreast of international developments in VAT and changes in the gaming industry,
- Building relationships and establishing trust with advisers and tax authorities
- Involvement in overseas tax audits including negotiations with revenue authorities
- Provide advice to the global business on relevant new tax laws, relaying these changes to the business in a clear and impactful way
- Network across the business to ensure that the tax team are involved at an early stage of any proposed transaction and to advocate commercially focused and pragmatic tax solutions
- Assistance with advising the business on gaming duties
- Oversee local tax compliance undertaken by the local tax advisers
- ACA or CTA qualified
- Previous international VAT experience is beneficial, as is prior retail experience.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
About our Office
Our new central London hub in Holborn, just minutes from Oxford Street and the famous West End, houses more than 300 employees, bringing all the Playtech London teams together under one roof for the first time. We offer a stimulating work environment in a state-of-the-art, purpose-designed space, including a brand new communal area, with games including pool, table football, table tennis and video games. Our regular benefits include free cereal, fruit, tea, coffee and soft drinks, plus regular Friday drinks, Summer and Christmas parties and lots of other social events. Playtech also offers various other benefits after a full year of service. When you join Playtech, you join a global family!
Playtech is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applicants. Unless otherwise instructed, we will retain your details on file for 6 months in accordance with the data protection act.