DevOps Engineer (Quickspin)
- Sportyvna Square, 1a, Kyiv, Ukraine
Playtech develops unified software platforms and content for the online and land-based gaming industry, together with providing a range of ancillary services such as marketing, hosting and CRM services. Leading gaming applications include casino, poker, bingo, sports betting, live gaming, casual and fixed odds. Playtech is listed on the London Stock Exchange and has offices in 17 countries.
Follow us on Instagram goo.gl/HF1Ho5
Watch us on YouTube goo.gl/TnZDVK
Quickspin is a Playtech company, developing high-quality video slots for the free to play, social and the online gambling market. We are a team of passionate slot enthusiasts who keep pushing boundaries through innovative gameplay which can be seen throughout our games. We also happen to be really awesome.
About the role
Quickspin is expanding its product portfolio with a newly acquired games platform. This platform will be used to service all our major customers. We are now looking for an awesome DevOps Engineer with focus on security, network and reliability to strengthen our team. The platform team is a multi-functional, agile team, that once it’s fully operational will be responsible for both operating the systems as well as building new exiting features towards our long list of highly successful customers. The Platform is used for delivering the games as well as reporting, configuration and monitoring of the gaming operation. The system is built using Java, Python and Ruby on Rails and its heavily dependent on MariaDB and Nginx. The platform is run in a mixed environment where some parts are hosted in the cloud and others will be run on virtual machines in VMware.
- +3 years of experience in hands-on working with Linux systems administration in DevOps environment
- Good understanding of networking, web protocols, services, applications and their performance requirements (Websocket, HTTP protocol, SSL, DNS, TCP/IP etc.)
- Professional experience of Network security, configurations of load balancers and Firewalls in an Opensource environment
- Experience with infrastructure automation/configuration management using tools such as Ansible
- Interest in following and implementing security best practises
- Programming skills in Python/Bash scripting languages
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Familiar with standard software development and quality processes, methodologies and tools
- Good command of English
Bonus points for...
- Experience with log processing (Kibana/Grafana)
- Experience in MariaDB/MySQL
- Experience of Iso27001
- Knowledge of Java or Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of Periscope data
- Experience of the Online Gambling Industry
- Professional growth
- Educational possibilities
- Competitive compensation
- Fully-equipped perfect office space located in the city center (“Palats Sportu” metro station)
- Warm and friendly attitude to every specialist
- Possibility to cooperate with a product company
Quickspin goes by the vision of “We create Awesomeness” and that goes with everything we do – From creating a great work environment together, to finding new digital solutions. As a member of the Quickspin team you’ll receive awesome benefits, in addition to a challenging and rewarding job in one of the most exciting and creative industries in the world. We’re in an expanding phase where great possibilities will rise for those who dare to ask. Join our playful ride towards success – trust us when we say, you won’t regret it.