Senior Back-End Developer
- Djäknegatan 16, Malmö, Skåne län, Sweden
Join Playtech BGT Sports (PBS), the powerhouse in sportsbetting, at our local site in Malmö! We combine work with fun and this is a place where you will find opportunities wherever you look!
We are developing market-leading turnkey wagering solutions for the modern sports betting industry, covering all sectors and distribution channels from retail to online products. Our 600 employees based in Vienna, Bremen, London, Malmö, Nicosia and Sofia build the foundation of our success and YOU can become part of it!
At Playtech BGT Sports we strongly believe in teams and agile methodologies; thus, you will be working in a competent team of multi-skilled people. As a developer at Playtech BGT Sports you are interested in exploring new technologies and also open to pick up tasks outside of your primary area of expertise. We can offer a very challenging environment where we together always strive to build the best products, technology and teams. We believe that by providing an atmosphere where we try to maximize the level of fun for our people, we will also get the best end results.
We are always aiming at creating the top of the line web applications, and with a high demand environment with very high usage at peak usage. Also with a rapid changing environment we are always challenged to improve our software offering but also how we code and how we produce that code.
We are looking for people with strong technical skills and great personality that will help us grow and continue the aim of providing the best products to the industry. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Develop Sportsbook web applications in close cooperation with your team colleagues
- Work closely with the customer and the business to collaboratively define and refine new features
- Do Story code designs with the team to make the best architectural implementation choices
- Write well designed, testable and efficient code that is easy to maintain and understand.
- Participate in the usual Scrum ceremonies such as Daily Scrum meeting, refinements, demos, retrospectives and planning.
- Knowledge in development of web applications
- Extensive knowledge in Java and Spring Framework
- Experience with source control (Git)
- Fluency in English, in speech as well as writing
- Application Servers as Tomcat
- Build Management and Continuous Integration (Teamcity)
- Knowledge in JSP, HTML5 and CSS3
- CSS Preprocessors (Less)
- Linux and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Couchbase)
- Caching (Memcached, Redis)
- Experience from working in the betting or gaming industry and/or the mobile domain
We offer you flexibility to combine work and personal life, you can even choose to work from home or while commuting. We make time for fun; enjoy our playroom, the free breakfast, and make time for your health and charity work. Apply today to find out more! Last day to apply is 15th of August.