Senior Scala Developer (Gpas)
- Sportyvna Square, 1a, Kyiv, Ukraine
Playtech is the world’s largest online gaming software supplier traded on the London Stock Exchange Main Market, offering cutting-edge, value-added solutions to the industry’s leading operators. Company’s business portfolio consists of the most prominent names in the business, including William Hill, Netplay, Betfred, Mansion, Bet365, etc.
Playtech develops unified software platforms and content for the online and land-based gaming industry, together with providing a range of ancillary services such as marketing, hosting and CRM services. Leading gaming applications include casino, poker, bingo, sports betting, live gaming, casual and fixed odds games.
Behind the eminent success of Playtech’s products and services there are around 5000 employees with offices and development centers in 14 countries, the majority of whom are engaged in research and development of current and future gaming technologies.
Follow us on Instagram goo.gl/HF1Ho5
Watch us on YouTube goo.gl/TnZDVK
Development of the whole gaming platform for Asian and European markets from scratch. The current platform is oriented only on the European market (400+ games and millions of users, 4k servers and 200k+ simultaneous online sessions), but it’s 80% of the functionality is not relevant for the Asian market. The goal of the project is to leave just 20% of the functionality of the analogical existing product for the European market and make simple, ultra-scalable service, applicable for Asian market size and new markets in Western Europe and Americas.
• Create a brand new platform, supporting 100+ millions of users in Asia
• Create software that is very easy to manage, scale and deploy
• Create software that can’t be broken — resilient to failures and able to recover very fast
• Create software that is 10-15 times faster than legacy software
• At least 5 years’ experience developing server side in Java or similar OO language
• Hands-on Scala development with common application development frameworks and tools, including open source.
• Proven experience developing high scale distributed systems with complex interfaces and integrations
• Able to design a system from scratch and add components to existing design
• Solid understanding of asynchronous processing and concurrency
• Self-motivated, quick learner, team worker
• Loves to document and share knowledge with colleagues
As a plus:
• Cluster systems (Akka)
• SDK development
• Professional growth
• Educational possibilities
• Competitive compensation
• Fully-equipped perfect office space located in the city center (“Palats Sportu” metro station)
• Warm and friendly attitude to every specialist
• Possibility to cooperate with a product company
If you are creative, “out of box thinker” and ambitious enough to make a difference in such a large scale International business, you are more than welcome to apply for one of our open positions at Playtech Kyiv. We’ll contact you if there’s a fit with one of our opportunities.