- Tartu/Tallinn, Tartu/Tallinn, Estonia
PLAYTECH ESTONIA'S INFRASTRUCTURE DATABASES TEAM
We are a part of Playtech’s Infrastructure Operations unit that is managing systems all around the world. Databases that we manage are high transactional financial systems with all the SLAs and regulatory requirements, meaning that most of the work is like replacing the wings on a flying plane. The Infrastructure core is the concentration point for all Playtech's products and thus responsible for the availability of the systems 24/7/365.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Manage business-critical databases in production and pre-production environments
- Develop, maintain and improve tools that are used for administrating the databases
- Automate all activities to make less mistakes and have less tedious tasks
- Support development teams with your know-how on databases
- Ensure that the databases are secured and safe
- Tune database performance and troubleshoot issues
WHAT HELPS YOU SUCCEED?
- The ability to keep calm under stress
- Experience in administering relational databases
- Good problem-solving skills
- Being comfortable with working on command line on *nix like systems
- Good understanding of the inner workings of the storage, networks, operating systems.
- Ability to program in some scripting languages (Bash, python, ruby, etc) and use version control (git)
WE OFFER YOU
- Professionally challenging job
- The opportunity to work in a team of world class DBA-s
- Manage very large and highly transactional databases in world scale
- International and multicultural work environment in a leading technology company
- Great variety of benefits and a lot of team events that make you feel part of an awesome community
- An office with a modern vibe of your choice in Tallinn or Tartu