- Vanemuise 7, Tartu, Estonia
Playtech Infrastructure unit is looking for a Configuration Manager, ready to join us in our challenge of lifting our infrastructure platform to the next level. You will be the owner of our central configuration management database (CMDB), coordinating with various stakeholders to ensure the scope and quality of the assets and configuration items information of our huge setup of 30000+ physical and logical devices and services in 70+ geographic locations around the globe. In addition, you will be tasked with working closely with development teams to automate data discovery and synchronization mechanisms between CMDB and other services.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Maintain the integrity, quality and correctness of our configuration data items and their relationships to each other
- Ensure that well-defined processes are in place for creating, modifying and accessing configuration data by different user groups
- Work together with various internal teams to develop efficient and automated solutions for configuration data discovery and management
- For those so inclined, there will be opportunities for various hands-on tasks involving software research, system configuration or programming
WHAT HELPS YOU SUCCEED?
- Prior experience with databases, software development, and/or a product owner role
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, good written and spoken English
- Knowledge about modern software development and IT project management practices
- Attention to detail, ability and willingness to work independently and to constructively participate in software development, including analysis and testing
- An opportunity to work with and learn from leading system specialists and experts having world class experience and skill level
- A chance to work on complicated and serious problems, with the luxury of seeing the results of your work used right away by the specialist end-users of your tools
- Freedom to research and choose the most suitable technologies to get things done
- Unique possibilities for professional growth - not only are you able to participate in all phases of complex infrastructure projects, but you will also have a front row seat to see a world-scale IT infrastructure in action
The Infrastructure Platform Development team is a highly skilled unit tasked with developing and maintaining a wide range of internal tools and platforms for the Playtech Infrastructure unit. We are a small, friendly and agile team, with high emphasis on individual freedom, ownership and initiative. What truly sets us apart is our problem domain – we need to know a little about everything in IT, and every day brings a new technical challenge. We hope you will find it as interesting and motivating as we do!