Software Engineer (Rust)
Introduction to Playbook
Playbook is an innovative company driven by a passion for delivering top-tier entertainment in the world of betting. We firmly believe that betting should be an exhilarating experience, and our mission is to empower operators with the tools they need to not only attract and retain customers but also to provide them with the highest level of entertainment.
Our Commitment to Operators
At Playbook, we are committed to providing operators with a comprehensive suite of solutions that go beyond the ordinary. Our dedicated engineering team has developed a cutting-edge platform that is highly scalable and modular, allowing businesses to tailor it to their unique needs. We understand that no two operators are the same, and we're here to support their vision and goals.
With offices strategically located in Krakow and London, Playbook is well-positioned to serve clients on a global scale. We pride ourselves on offering tailored solutions.
At Playbook, we are dedicated to redefining the betting experience, and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Your role in nutshell:
As a Backend Engineer within our Product Development department, you will be joining of our new System Integration Team.
- You will work on designing, building, serving and monitoring cloud-based microservice architectures and be a part of a high-performing cross-functional team and a community of Backend Engineers.
- You will work with a leading-edge technology stack comprised of Scala, Rust, Kubernetes, RESTful APIs, Couchbase, Postgres and Docker amongst others.
Salary ranges: 11 000 - 30 000 PLN
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer with Rust to join one of our domain teams in our Product Development:
- Casino - delivering slots, live and virtual games integrations within our Platform and extending casino capabilities
- Players - responsible for building the central components for handling customer accounts (including onboarding and KYC), rewards & bonuses and payments
You will work on designing, building, serving and monitoring cloud-based microservice architectures and be a part of a high-performing cross-functional team and a community of Backend Engineers.
You will touch a leading-edge technology stack comprised of Scala, Rust, Kubernetes, RESTful APIs, Couchbase, Postgres and Docker amongst others.
What you will be doing?
- Own the whole development cycle - from architecture design to implementation and testing and maintenance of our products
- Collaborate closely with Product and Service Delivery Teams and other colleagues in an agile environment
- Join a team where Continuous Integration, Code Quality, Code Reviews, Test Coverage, are kept at very high standards, therefore you should also be positive and firm in your attitude towards them
- Deliver fully functional features and products built with Domain-Driven mindset that are well tested and based on user requirements.
- at least 1 year of proffesional experience in Rust
- Good understanding of reactive systems, REST API design principles, relational (e.g. PostgreSQL) and non-relational databases (e.g. Couchbase, Cassandra) and message brokers (e.g. Kafka/Rabbitmq).
- Good knowledge of software architecture and design (especially microservices and service-oriented architecture (SOA))
- Paying attention to the quality of the code and appreciating values of testing application at each level (unit, integration, performance testing)
- Working experience with observability concepts - applications performance monitoring (APM), logs and traces implementation, profiling and debugging
- Experience with Google Cloud or other cloud services
- Experience with working with Kubernetes or other container orchestration technologies
- Growth mindset and willingness to learn
- Proactive approach, can-do attitude
- Problem-solving skills, Ability to dig into code
- You built it, you run it approach, taking ownership of services and applications at scale
- Contract first approach for apis and integrations
- Team player, leadership skills will be an asset
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English so you can communicate with our clients freely
Nice to have:
- Practice in many coding languages (the more the merrier!)
- Experience with async/await in Rust
- Experience with Tokio
- Experience with HTTP frameworks like actix/rocket/warp/poem
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with SQL and related libraries
What We Offer
- Health Care and Multisport Card
- Conference and training budgets ( 5000 PLN per year)
- Company library, table socker
- Possibility of remote / hybrid / office work
- Flexible working hours - 7/10 - 15/18
- Office in the city center - Rynek Główny 6, 31-042 Kraków
- Top-notch equipment
- Place for your bike
- Employee referral program