Sourcing and Procurement Team Leader
- 90 Thomas Rd, Buellton, CA 93427, USA
Platinum Performance is a premier nutritional focused Animal Health company founded in 1996 out of a world renowned equine veterinary hospital on the Central Coast of California. Today Platinum Performance serves most equine veterinary practices across the United States and abroad. Platinum Performance was founded on the belief that wellness and nutrition are the foundation of exceptional health for both people and the animals we love.
Our mission is to improve lives through superior nutrition and unmatched personal service. Our team helps ensure that the service we provide, formulas we develop, and literature we publish are client-focused, impactful and accurate. Everything we do must be scientifically and medically sound. We push hard to research new ingredients, seek out the highest quality sources, test new formulas, and operate several research studies and feeding trials at any given time.
In 2019 Platinum Performance joined forces with Zoetis, the largest animal Health Company in the world, with a shared vision to advance the role of nutrition in veterinary medicine and to create the field of scientific wellness on a global scale. We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate people who are excited to move faster, go further and help to redefine what is possible in animal health.
The Nutritional Product Development, Formulation and Sourcing team leader works in conjunction with Research and Development, Production, Marketing and QA teams to develop and commercialize new products and existing products optimization. This person should be obsessive over quality and have an open and curious mind to finding ingredients that are innovative and revolutionary to product development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the sourcing, development, and qualification of new raw materials and supply chains
- Manage existing and continue to build supplier network of high quality and novel ingredients
- Evaluate and manage relationships with new and existing vendors
- Assist with procurement of ingredients and packaging
- Work with the production manager to forecast product demands based on sales data and inventory
- Support product development team through the identification and sourcing of new ingredients
- Assist with formulations, specifications, testing, and processes on new products
- Assist with new product development projects by setting specifications including: sourcing/qualifying ingredients and establishing machinery requirements
- Provide technical support to Marketing, Sales and International product licensing and registrations
- Research, evaluate and propose new ingredient concepts
- Understand the health needs of equine and companion animals to enable development of novel and innovative products that address important needs
- Understand ingredients, formulations, how they work together and their effect on body systems
Education and Experience:
- BS in Food Science, Nutrition or related Sciences
- Research and Development experience in food or nutraceutical industry a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the organization
- Ability to work cross-functionally and in teams in a variety of fast-moving situations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Critical thinking and problem -solving skills
- Planning, organization and collaboration skills
- Attention to detail
- Be a force of Influence and leadership
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work
- Be nutrition focused and passionate about health
- Obsessive over quality
- Knowledge of or passion for animals and the equine industry
Science and research have always been an integral part of the culture at Platinum Performance. The effects of our formulas on equine health are studied in colleges of veterinary medicine across the country. In addition, scientists in the Platinum Performance Clinical Nutrition Laboratory study cutting-edge ingredients and innovative theories about equine nutrition.
It is our belief that revolutionary innovation leads to unmatched results. The wellness products we produce have powered the nutrition regimens of several Olympic gold medalists, professional athletes and that of many horses at the top levels of equine competition.