- 90 Thomas Rd, Buellton, CA 93427, USA
Platinum Performance is a premier nutritional focused Animal Health company founded in 1996 out of a world renowned equine veterinary hospital on the Central Coast of California. Today Platinum Performance serves most equine veterinary practices across the United States and abroad. Platinum Performance was founded on the belief that wellness and nutrition are the foundation of exceptional health for both people and the animals we love.
Our mission is to improve lives through superior nutrition and unmatched personal service. Our team helps ensure that the service we provide, formulas we develop, and literature we publish are client-focused, impactful and accurate. Everything we do must be scientifically and medically sound. We push hard to research new ingredients, seek out the highest quality sources, test new formulas, and operate several research studies and feeding trials at any given time.
In 2019 Platinum Performance joined forces with Zoetis, the largest animal Health Company in the world, with a shared vision to to advance the role of nutrition in veterinary medicine and to create the field of scientific wellness on a global scale. We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate people who are excited to move faster, go further and help to redefine what is possible in animal health.
The Process Engineer will work closely and collaborate with teams across the company to develop and improve processes within manufacturing, client experience, quality and more. This person should be open minded, think outside the box and drive innovative projects and technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop operational processes within product manufacturing
- Be innovative with design and technology to improve system processes and efficiency
- Identify workflow improvement opportunities while working cross functionally with operational and support teams
- Collect and analyze data to identify improvements to processes
- Lead implementation of improvement actions, using a positive, engaging and motivating approach with all team members
- Identify risks and necessary control points in processes and recommend solutions.
- Develop, maintain, and train to process documentation
- Develop flow diagrams, technical documentation and specifications in accordance with internal requirements.
- Calculating production costs and metrics that include time, labor, space, equipment and overhead
- Provide business justification and market intelligence as needed.
- Proactively engage with external resources to remain knowledgeable of emerging technologies, industry trends, and improvement methodologies
Education and Experience:
- BS or MS in Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or other technical degree with equivalent work experience
- Experience in Systems / Process Engineering or Process Improvement
- Experience with Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing is a plus
- Ability to develop and deliver engaging and effective presentations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills, including proficiency in statistical analysis
- Experience with automation
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Critical thinking and attention to detail
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of or passion for animals and the equine industry
Science and research have always been an integral part of the culture at Platinum Performance. The effects of our formulas on equine health are studied in colleges of veterinary medicine across the country. In addition, scientists in the Platinum Performance Clinical Nutrition Laboratory study cutting-edge ingredients and innovative theories about equine nutrition.
It is our belief that revolutionary innovation leads to unmatched results. The wellness products we produce have powered the nutrition regimens of several Olympic gold medalists, professional athletes and that of many horses at the top levels of equine competition.