Food Safety Specialist
- 90 Thomas Rd, Buellton, CA 93427, USA
For over 17 years Platinum Performance has been a leader in health and wellness. We dedicate ourselves to our clients, whether they be horses, dogs or the people that love them.
We create nutritional supplements that deliver clinical results. From Kentucky Derby winning racehorses and Olympic show jumpers, to family dogs, weekend runners, professional athletes or clients simply looking to improve their health. Our clients come to Platinum Performance for trusted results.
As the #1 recommended supplement brand by equine veterinarians, the Platinum Performance team has earned a reputation as educated, engaging, and exceptionally compassionate. We act as a resource for our clients for both their animal's health and their own, and we offer the highest level of service to every client, every time.
The Food Safety Specialist will mentor and monitor the Production Teams’ food safety systems and culture. The position reports to the Director of Quality and a key member of the QA/QC team. The FS Specialist will assist with daily QA/QC tasks including document control, batch record and form reviews, sanitation records, sample submissions and occasional assistance in the laboratory. In general, maintenance of NSF GMP and SQF HACCP systems.
· Interacts daily with the production team to mentor, maintain and continuously improve the food safety culture and quality systems.
· Assist with FDA compliance and adherence to NSF GMP and SQF HACCP programs.
· Assist with document control and change control.
· Monitor Sanitation program to ensure forms are completed including sanitation logs and chemical dilution forms.
· Monitor allergen handling for compliance with SOP’s and Allergen programs.
· Occasionally assist in the lab with sample analysis and external lab sample submissions.
· Occasionally issue batch records and labeling.
· Assist with review, approval and release of raw materials, WIP and finished product.
· Participate in, and occasionally lead continuous improvement projects.
Requires a four year college or university degree in Food Science or related science/technology degree.
CFS, HACCP or PCQI preferred but not required.
· HACCP or FSMA Preventive Controls systems.
· Highly organized with better than average attention to details.
· Great communication skills to help nurture our food safety culture.
· Complex problem solving skills.
· Ability to shift priorities as needed.
Occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds may be required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.