System Administrator / DevOps Engineer
- W Hastings St, Vancouver, BC, Canada
At Pixieset, our vision is to become the household name for photographers. We are a small growing team passionate about crafting a beautiful and simple end-to-end solution that meets the need of modern photographers. One in which the entirety of their working life is empowered and streamlined by Pixieset.
You will be working behind-the-scenes to keep the lights on at Pixieset for over 200,000 professional photographers from around the world. As a System Administrator / DevOps, you will be responsible for maintaining and growing our infrastructure as well as provisioning, configuring and monitoring all our services. You will also continuously explore ways to improve our technology operations such as setting up continuous deployment and configuration management system.
There are some perks working at Pixieset as well! Full-time System Administrator / DevOps enjoy the following:
- Competitive salary in the $60-90k range
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy
- Macbook and any tools to help you be your best
- Unlimited coffee and snacks
- Beer Fridays
- Fun team events
We are looking for an Intermediate Systems Administrator who can pick up any technology quickly and is comfortable jumping into platforms and various code bases. Ideally you have/are:
- 2+ years in a Linux system administrator or DevOps role or equivalent
- Proficient at installing and configuring Linux systems running Ubuntu or similar
- Working knowledge of configuration management systems like Ansible, Puppet or Chef
- Working experience with AWS products (EC2, RDS, S3 and so on)
- Competency in 1 or more scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell, etc)
If any of this is new to you, it's okay - we are looking for quick learners! The ideal candidate is also highly self-motivated and loves working with technology. If this sounds like the right fit and you are excited about working in a small and growing team, get in touch with us!
This position is located in Vancouver. BC Local candidates are preferred. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.