Shift Supervisor-Paper Machine 12
- 232 E 8th St, Chillicothe, OH 45601, USA
Pixelle Specialty Solutions™ is the largest specialty paper company in North America, with fully integrated pulp and paper operations in Chillicothe, Ohio, Jay, Maine, Spring Grove, Pennsylvania, Stevens Point, Wisconsin and a coating operation in Fremont, Ohio. Supported by an experienced product development team, Pixelle excels in designing customized solutions that help customers bring new products to market. With a long history of leadership in the paper industry, Pixelle delivers the most comprehensive portfolio of specialty papers to help you meet today’s challenging demands.
To supervise and direct the operations of 12 Paper Machine areas which include both 12 Paper Machine and the 12 Finishing departments. To manufacture quality products while optimizing all aspects of employee safety, manufacturing efficiency and company profitability.
To effectively supervise (on the assigned shift) the timely and economical production of the Company’s products as listed below:
· Take a leadership role in establishing a safe workplace by following established safety rules and holding all employees accountable for working safely; Maintain a clean and safe workplace through good housekeeping practices;
· Support and perform workplace safety assessments for equipment and/or work tasks. Help educate employees on safety and compliance issues and participate in incident investigations, which includes developing action plans to prevent reoccurrences;
· Accomplish manufacturing results by communicating direction, job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures;
· Maintain working relationships with the union by following the terms of the collective bargaining agreement;
· Possess leadership skills including the ability to communicate a direction and expectations, to lead by example, recognize exceptional performance, deal with non-performance, and understand when and how to involve people correctly;
· Supervise the effective training of people, assigning work, counseling, appraising, transferring, and providing disciplinary action, as necessary within provisions of formal agreements between management and recognized employee bargaining groups;
· Participation in supervisory, safety and other appropriate meetings where subjects such as safety, quality, and other related operational problems are discussed;
· Inspecting operations, assuring that equipment is in proper operating condition, and that established production standards are satisfied;
· Monitoring and adjusting operations to satisfy customer expectations;
· Willingness to work shift work including weekends and holidays;
· Participating in team efforts to achieve mill-wide goals;
· Review operations continually to introduce methods or procedures which will achieve economics in operation or quality improvement.
· Minimum of three (3) years in a papermaking facility preferably on a paper machine;
· Self-starter and extremely motivated;
· Must demonstrate pro-active skills in problem identification and developing solutions;
· Knowledge of SAP and OptiVISION systems, a plus;
· Must be detail oriented and have good decision-making skills under stressful situations.
Competitive healthcare benefit package and 401K match.