Experienced Safety Watch (Casual)
- Edmonton, AB, Canada
Pivotal Safety is an industrial safety company operating in Western Canada, with offices in Bonnyville, AB, Sherwood Park, AB, and Calgary, AB. Offering comprehensive safety services, highly trained and knowledgeable staff, and state-of-the-art equipment; we are a company that is committed to delivering demonstrable value and unsurpassed professional service. Through our culture, our drive and the expertise of each individual employee, we are uniquely positioned to provide best-in-class safety services to our customers.
Pivotal Safety is currently recruiting experienced Safety Watch for day-to-day operations and turnarounds. The successful candidates will be driven, results-oriented team players who are ready to help us 'Deliver the Difference' to our clients every day.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform on-site safety watch, confined space entry watch and atmospheric testing, spark/fire watch, and gas detection.
- Provide support to ensure that all on-site personnel work in a safe manner and comply with company and regulatory/legislative requirements for Occupational Health & Safety.
- Follow and be an advocate for all rules, policies and procedures as per the client’s health and safety program, Pivotal Safety’s HSE program, and all other applicable legislation.
- Intervene in unsafe acts and unsafe conditions and take appropriate action to influence safe behaviors and to create a safe working environment.
- Champion Pivotal Safety’s safety culture and safe work practices.
- 2+ year(s) field safety experience;
- Must have the following safety tickets: H2S Alive, Standard First Aid, Confined Space Entry/Monitor, Fall Protection and CSTS;
- Applicants with Confined Space Rescue and/or High Angle Rescue certification will be given preference;
- Must hold a valid Driver's License and a clean Driver's Abstract;
- Must be 18+ years old;
- Willing to work outdoors, work an irregular schedule (including night shifts and weekends), and travel to various client sites;
- Must be capable of working with limited supervision and able to exercise initiative and sound judgement.
- Note: The successful candidate will reside in or within commuting distance of Edmonton, AB.
If you feel that you would be a great fit for our team and are interested in an exciting career with Pivotal Safety, please submit your resume detailing why you are a fit for this position.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates that have been short-listed will be contacted. Please note: If we currently do not have an opening in your area of expertise, we welcome all expressions of interest. Applications received will remain on file for a minimum of six months for consideration of future opportunities and vacancies.