Senior Group Accounting Manager
- Zürich, Switzerland
Pitcher, founded in Zurich, Switzerland, is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company offering a suite of products to support corporate sales representatives in their daily activities across a number of industries. Today this market is known as Sales Enablement and has grown rapidly since 2010 with further growth expected in the coming years. Pitcher has customers in over 136 countries with offices in Zurich (HQ), Barcelona, Istanbul, Ankara, New York, Boston and Tokyo. Pitcher is used by over 75,000 sales reps every day.
In this hands-on role you will be responsible for
managing the overall accounting function and performing and supervising all required accounting tasks across the group. This includes the Swiss parent company in Zurich and our continuously expanding foreign network of subsidiaries and rep offices in the US, Spain, China and Mexico. You will be responsible for the continued professionalization of the accounting function and team, ensuring compliance with local GAAP and tax requirements and leading the ongoing improvement of processes, controls, policies and systems across the organization and liaising with external local accounting services as needed.
As part of the day-to-day responsibilities you will be processing AR and AP transactions, process monthly local payroll, ensure the timely reporting and remittance of taxes, handle expense management and own the monthly close process and preparation of financial statements for senior management.
This position reports to the CFO and works closely with senior management and stakeholders of the business.
- Independently perform and manage all required accounting tasks and processes according to Swiss (OR) and local GAAP for Swiss head office and all international subsidiaries.
- Responsible for general ledger and sub-ledger journal entries and review (AR, AP including payment runs and collections, expense management, asset accounting, payroll accounting including benefits and tax administration, foreign exchange matters and internal-use software and software development costs)
- Responsible for revenue reconciliation, including ultimate revenue entry and cost of goods sold entries
- Liaise with and supervise work performed by third party accounting services
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual Swiss & Group closings (individual closings as well as intercompany reconciliations) and deliver financial statements (Balance Sheet, P&L and Cash Flow) and reporting
- Responsible for global banking relations and cash management
- Partner with CFO and commercial team on budgeting, management reporting, cost monitoring and ad hoc analysis
- Lead and manage external financial audit:
- Coordinate fieldwork and timing, prepare annual financials, and be main contact for auditors
- Lead and manage local and global tax reporting and administration:
- Prepare and submit Swiss VAT, tax at source and withholding tax.
- Liaise with international tax preparers for additional entities
- ERP Product Owner (currently Abacus) to ensure smooth operation and continued improvement of system and processes and be go-to person for system support
- Co-manage and support implementation of future ERP and finance & accounting related software projects
- Ensure smooth processes when setting up and integrating new business entities
- Partner with HR Manager on all payroll and social security, benefits and compliance related matters
- Maintain strong relationships with banks, auditors and local authorities
- Further education as Accounting Expert (eidg.dipl. or WP) or Baccalaureate and Bachelor/Master’s in Accounting & Finance (FH/Uni)
- Strong Swiss (OR) and international accounting knowledge, especially US GAAP
- At least seven years in-depth hands-on experience in a comparable position in a leading accounting role in fast-paced international environment
- Experienced in working with a variety of ERPs, strong Abacus VI 19 knowledge is a plus. Experience with implementing new accounting systems also desirable.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and solid working knowledge of common suite of IT tools (MS Office, Outlook, ERP, accounting tools, MIS, procurement systems)
- Experience with Salesforce desired
- Previous IT company & SaaS business experience a plus
- Deadline and service-oriented and attentive to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in German and English
- Passion for innovative solutions and process improvement.
- Dynamic personality with can-do attitude
Pitcher offers an exciting international fast paced work environment.
Flat hierarchies and entrepreneurial responsibility
Attractive office environment in central Zurich Seefeld area
Competitive salary and benefits