Data Analyst, Quality Assurance
- 335 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10017, USA
Pinto is building the world’s smartest food and nutrition data platform, with a mission of making food data fully personalized, transparent, and easily searchable for both consumers and businesses alike. Over 43% of Americans now follow a specific dietary eating pattern, and the Pinto data platform is organizing the world of food products at scale across every dimension that matters to these modern consumers (diets, ingredients, allergies/intolerances, nutrition goals and preferences, personalized health needs, and much more). The era of personalization is here and we’re building Pinto to power it 🍓📊.
We are currently onboarding and analyzing a massive amount of new products onto our platform, and this requires ongoing analysis, data accuracy, and maintaining rigorous food, nutrition, and product data standards. Think of it as a Consumer Reports for food and consumer products. To support these efforts, our data and research team is looking for a highly detail-oriented data analyst to join our team of data quality specialists. As a Data Analyst, you will be working directly with our data, research, and engineering teams to ensure accurate, high-quality delivery of data across our applications and to our partners.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to join in the early stages of a rapidly growing technology startup solving a meaningful problem in health and nutrition!
- Verify data accuracy and assist in our Quality Assurance processes
- Leverage existing in-house tools and data processes to analyze data at scale
- Work with our engineering and data teams to design new systems and processes to help organize data across our platform
- Work on-site with our industry partners to collect data via our digitization tools
- Research various standards and practices for the Pinto food and product data platform
- Monitor and identify data challenges and discrepancies as they emerge
- Help collaborate with and provide guidance to our Quality Assurance team
- Envision and implement systems to flag and fix data issues at scale
- 2+ years of relevant experience, preferably within a Data/Analytics or Nutrition-focused organization
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and be flexible in your work
- Bachelor's Degree (A Bachelors of Science in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Nutrition, Dietetics or related fields preferable).
Pinto (https://pinto.co) is the world's smartest product database and product intelligence platform.
We provide food, grocery, and CPG companies with the complete product data needed to relay rich and relevant information to their customers, personalize their inventories across today’s consumer needs, and power their entire business. No product database is smarter or more complete.
At Pinto, we believe consumers should be able to easily navigate products according to their individual needs, and our data platform is solving this by digitizing and classifying the world of products across every personalized consumer preference — from every allergen and intolerance to key lifestyles and diets (like Vegan, Paleo, Keto, Gluten Free), health conditions (like Diabetes Management, Heart Health, etc.), certifications, sustainability preferences, nutrition preferences and goals, ingredient preferences and so much more.
The era of personalization is here and we’ve built Pinto to power it 🍓📊
Some example searches we power:
-- Find all Peanut Butters with No Added Sugars: https://bit.ly/2kouYGt
-- Find all Gluten-free crackers that are kosher: https://bit.ly/2m9DZDN
-- Find all Vegan meat substitutes: https://bit.ly/38VqE6c
-- Find all Paleo snack bars: https://bit.ly/2lCOcYS
-- Find all Dairy-free yogurts: https://bit.ly/2kDolQ
See customer case studies:
-- Whole Foods Market: https://pinto.co/customers/#whole-foods-market
-- Kroger: https://pinto.co/customers/#kroger
Examples of “personalized/curated” aisles created from our data:
-- Make my store Keto: https://bit.ly/3fmDoW7
-- Make my store Vegan: https://bit.ly/3eo1YVc
-- Make my store Paleo: https://bit.ly/3elK5Gx
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.