Purchasing - Program Buyer
- S Lapeer Rd, Orion Charter Township, MI 48371, USA
PPS customer is a growing battery company.
Advanced Purchasing Lead / Program Buyer will manage purchasing activities for purchased components and material as a key member of the Project Cross Functional Team. This individual will manage and effectively communicate timelines for all purchasing activities to meet project milestones and purchasing deliverables. The position will act as functional lead, supporting a development process and work in close collaboration with engineering, quality, business development and manufacturing.
Core responsibilities include:
- Represent Purchasing organization in the cross functional team from conception of program till end of life.
- Support the business segments and cross functional team on business pursuits for all purchased components and assist in cost estimating pre-quotations.
- Coordinate with purchasing team the source selection and kick off purchased components to meet or exceed the awarded program cost, quality and delivery.
- Support cross functional team initiatives around lead time reduction and cost improvements. Develop recovery plans for components late deliverables.
- Communicate supplier risks regarding the launch of a program to cross functional team.
- Maintain relevant Purchasing reports as required for management review.
- Maintain regular feedback to management regarding the status of each project.
- Support adherence to all statutory regulations concerning health, safety and environmental standards, as well as the company sustainable development program.
- Demonstrate commitment to the principal of continuous improvement.
- Able to purchase large numbers of component commodities, equipment, MRO etc.
- Assist in special assignments.
- Experience in automotive supply chain or purchasing is desired
- Understanding of electrical components, plastics, metal fab, casting and low volume to high volume purchasing
- Strong cost management skills
- Knowledge of statutory regulations concerning health, safety and environmental standards
- Continuous Improvement Team involvement
- Strong project and program management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong oral, written and intercommunication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain from four-year college or university
- Minimum of four years' experience in the automotive industry
- Experience in supply chain or purchasing is mandatory
- Able to work within a project team environment
- Battery module background preferred
Looking for a great team to grow with? Make an immediate impact with? Join us! We understand that people are the greatest asset any company has. With this full time Direct Hire Opportunity, we offer a generous compensation and benefits package, along with the team feel of a small company and the support of a an industry leading leadership team.