Gas Plant Operations Manager
- N Washington Ave, Lansing, MI 48906, USA
PPS customer is a growing utility company.
Responsible for direction and supervision, of the continuous operation of the Gas Plant. Coordinates and directs all personnel and actions necessary to ensure the plant operating conditions are always kept within optimum limits. Compose and maintain necessary records, procedures and paperwork associated with the operation of the plant. Creates and maintains a safe work environment.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
· Plans, organizes, monitors and coordinates staffs’ daily work assignments
· Ensure that thermal and electrical outputs are maintained at maximum levels and efficiencies.
· Establishes and implements plans to maintain reliable electric production.
· Implements and coordinates efficiency improvements to reduce production costs.
· Report normal, abnormal or emergency plant conditions to the Director. Take necessary corrective action in accordance with established policy.
· Oversee and provide guidance to the Maintenance Supervisor relative to equipment conditions and required maintenance activities.
· Analyze operating results and equipment failures. Improve plant efficiency and performance by developing and implementing new methods to improve plant operation and reduce operating costs.
· Develop and Oversee the training of all plant personnel and maintain the plant Training Manual to assure that operating policies and procedures are kept up to date.
· Oversee and ensure that the water chemistry program for the plant is properly implemented, including testing, inspections, and maintenance of water treatment program.
· Oversee all plant environmental activities are conducted in compliance with procedures and permit conditions while ensuring that Operations personnel are trained to respond as needed to environmental problems.
- Supervise and oversee the Operations department skill improvement, training and safety programs. Ensure that an adequate number of trained personnel are available to maintain continuous and safe operation, even under adverse conditions.
- Provide operations training for the maintenance technicians by presenting instruction on equipment operating procedures.
- Issue new operating procedures, as required, and periodically reviews existing operating procedures and issues revisions, as deemed necessary, to ensure that they reflect correct and safe operating practices.
- Completes and maintains reports and any other related paperwork.
- Updates skills by attending training sessions and seminars.
- Demonstrates positive problem solving and communication skills when interacting with internal/external personnel.
- Communicates memos and other related BWL business to staff.
- Trains, coaches and evaluates staff in the performance of their job.
- Assists in budgetary responsibilities.
Experience: This position requires a minimum of 7-10 years of operations experience and two years of control room operator (or equivalent) experience is required. Combined cycle plant experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of power plant operations and hands-on experience in plant engineering.
- Gas Turbine experience: GE LM6000 and Siemens SGT800
- Steam turbine and generator experience
- SCR Catalyst experience
- Reverse Osmosis experience
- Reciprocating compressor experience
- ISO 55000
· Knowledge of SAP is preferred. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to lead and organize a team.
· Must understand and follow union and associated regulations. Collective Bargaining experience is preferred.
· Ability to plan, coordinate, work between different work groups.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel at a basic level.
· Valid Michigan driver’s license with acceptable record.
· High level of energy and motivation required to maintain engagement with Operations workforce.
· Exhibit strong leadership capabilities.
· High level collaboration skills.
· This position will manage two facilities with direct reports.
· Required to be on standby.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations: Control Room Operator, SCBA and Respirator Fit certification preferred.
Considerable walking on concrete, grating and high elevation. Ability to work shifts as required. Ability to work in confined/enclosed spaces.
All temperature and humidity ranges. Dust and noise levels can be high at times. Possible exposure to lead, asbestos and coal dust.
Looking for a great team to grow with? Make an immediate impact with? Join us! We understand that people are the greatest asset any company has. With this full time Direct Hire Opportunity, we offer a generous compensation and benefits package, along with the team feel of a small company and the support of a an industry leading leadership team.