Product Development Engineer
- S Lapeer Rd, Orion Charter Township, MI, USA
PPS customer is a growing battery company.
The product development engineer is responsible for design, development, and execution of core battery systems architecture and components. The individual will be responsible for defining, documenting, and designing overall mechanical architecture, being design responsible for key mechanical systems and components, and overseeing validation of those components and systems. This individual will work closely with our prototype and production engineering manufacturing teams, as well key suppliers and the validation/testing teams.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Develops detailed product requirements based on regulations, customer requirements, and internal requirements.
· Develops mechanical system and components to house, structurally support, thermally manage, and electrically connect a variety of types of Li-Ion batteries.
· Specifies components (materials, structures, fuses, housings, etc.) and ensures products meet internal and customer requirements.
· Develops mechanical system DFMEAs.
· Evaluates supplier information, specifications, and validation data to ensure selection of the proper suppliers.
· Key contributor in evaluation of prospective suppliers.
· Develops mechanical system DVP&Rs for integration into or support of overall system DVP&Rs.
· Supports all prototype system builds ensuring parts are on time.
· Troubleshooting any issues with battery systems.
· Minimum Bachelor’s of Science and/or Engineering in Mechanical/Electrical/Systems Engineering or equivalent degree.
· 5 years of experience in battery product design and development.
· Adept in data processing and statistical analysis.
· Effective communicator, capable of concisely presenting highly technical test data to internal and external customers, as well as effectively communicating with suppliers.
· Experienced with the handling of high voltage lithium-ion battery systems.
· Educated on common automotive & industry standards.
· Experienced with the product design process.
· Self-motivated problem solver; pays attention to the details.
· Continuous improvement focus
· "Safety first" attitude and execution throughout process.
Looking for a great team to grow with? Make an immediate impact with? Join us! We understand that people are the greatest asset any company has. With this full time Direct Hire Opportunity, we offer a generous compensation and benefits package, along with the team feel of a small company and the support of a an industry leading leadership team.