- Croswell Ave, Croswell, MI 48422, USA
PPS customer is a growing food company.
Provide and/or improve asset/capacity reliability through technical support of the maintenance function and optimization of the preventive/predictive maintenance process. The Reliability Engineer is responsible for the correction of repetitive equipment failures by analyzing equipment history.
· Coordinates with the engineering department to ensure the maintainability of new capital projects and modified installations.
· Ensures that spare parts list, equipment manuals, and prints are provided for all new installations and that they are consistent with established standards.
· Participates in the final check out of such capital and project installations.
· Establishes and documents maintenance procedures for all new installations.
· Guides efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems.
· Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines the preventive (PM)/predictive (PdM) maintenance process.
· Ensures proper operating SOP’s and non-operating maintenance job plans for maximum equipment life.
· Lubrication program management.
· Inspections, adjustments, replacements, overhauls and improvements for factory equipment.
· Management of predictive programs such as; vibration, thermography, non-destructive testing, and interpretation of results.
· Corrosion, abrasion, cyclic stress/fatigue, metallurgic and other associated environmental and design factors which effect equipment life
· Coordinates with the maintenance planner to ensure that PM/PdM services and inspections are scheduled and performed when due, and that resultant corrective work is promptly performed.
· Coordinates production and maintenance personnel, and plant management during planned maintenance shutdowns to maximize required maintenance work while minimizing process downtime
· Reduces and improves maintenance work wherever feasible, assuring efficient and reliable operation of plant, process and equipment while protecting and prolonging the economic life of plant assets at optimal cost.
· Identifies and corrects chronic, repetitive and costly equipment problems through the analysis of equipment history and root cause analysis
· Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other maintenance problems.
· Provides technical advice to maintenance and operations/equipment users such as proper rotating equipment alignment, and balancing and assembly/disassembly procedures
· Implements methods to reduce the need for maintenance and to eliminate the occurrence of failures:
· Increase Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)
· Decreases Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
· Supports the maintenance planner in development of technical, environmental and safety work procedures.
· Routinely contributes to the planning of realistic production capacity based upon analysis of preventive maintenance time needs and failure history.
· Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions.
· Develops a standardized program that influences the selection of materials, equipment and spare parts.
· Remains abreast of and applies advancing maintenance technology as applicable.
The reliability engineer relieves supervisors and planner of responsibilities relating to the preservation of day-to-day factory asset reliability that are technical and engineering in nature.
· Bachelors Degree in mechanical, electrical, or related engineering field.
· 3+ years work experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment in a related role.
· Direct training and experience in maintenance engineering practices and reliability centered maintenance.
Direct Hire Opportunity to join our fast-paced engineering team. Excellent compensation and benefits plan.
Must successfully complete a background check and drug screen.
We are a team! The best offering we have is our people. This is a great team to work with and grow with. Join us!
We offer an excellent benefits package!