Thermal Engineer ~ Battery
- Orion Rd, Orion Charter Township, MI, USA
PPS customer is a growing battery company.
The Thermal Systems Engineer is responsible for design, development, and execution of core thermal systems architecture and components. The individual will be responsible for defining and documenting overall thermal architecture, being design responsible for key thermal systems and components, and overseeing analysis and validation of those components and systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develops thermal system architectural schematics, thermal diagrams, perform systems integration and validation of developmental and production batteries.
- Specifies thermal components, materials, and methodologies to ensure products meet internal and customer requirements.
- Develops thermal system DFMEAs, DVP&Rs, etc., for integration into or support of overall system DVP&Rs.
- Evaluates supplier specifications, analysis, & validation data to ensure selection of the proper suppliers.
- Conducts thermal development analysis and oversees outsourced CAE/CFD analysis.
- Conducts developmental testing of thermal concepts to ensure they will perform as modeled.
- Key contributor in evaluation of prospective suppliers.
- Supports all prototype system builds ensuring parts are on time.
- Troubleshooting any issues with thermal systems.
- Expands professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars and conferences, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to team growth by completing projects in a timely manner.
- Bachelor of Science and/or Engineering in Mechanical/Thermal Engineering or equivalent degree; Master’s preferred.
- Several years of experience in automotive or similar battery thermal systems; liquid, air, refrigeration cooling.
- Adept in data processing and analysis.
- Effective communicator, capable of concisely presenting highly technical test data to internal and external customers, as well as effectively communicating with suppliers.
- Experienced with the handling of high voltage lithium-ion battery systems.
- Educated on common automotive & industry test certifications.
- Familiar with the product design process.
- Self-motivated problem solver; pays attention to the details.
- Challenges the status quo and strives for continuous improvement.
- Abides by safety standards and protocols.
Direct Hire Opportunity to join our fast-paced leadership team. Excellent compensation and benefits plan.
Must successfully complete a background check and drug screen.
We are a team! The best offering we have is our people. This is a great team to work with and grow with. Join us!
We offer an excellent benefits package!