BMS Systems and Validation Engineer
- M-24, Auburn Hills, MI, USA
PPS customer is a growing Battery company.
The BMS Systems and Validation Engineer is responsible for specifying and validating functional requirements for 48V and High Voltage Battery Management Systems (BMS), contributing to algorithm development and contributing to the design of Battery systems to meet a wide range of mobility applications. The candidate will need to be well versed in Li Ion batteries, battery systems, validation tools (HILs, cyclers, emulators), DFMEAs, functional safety and ISO26262.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Specify and document functional requirements for both 48V and high voltage BMS
- Work with suppliers to implement and validate functional requirements including simulation on Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) simulators and real battery systems
- Work closely with battery design team, business development team and customers to elicit requirements and turn into functional requirements
- Configure existing BMS to meet needs for specific customer applications
- Develop and review DFMEA’s for controls and battery systems
- Key contributor in evaluation of potential suppliers
- Develop and execute DVP&R for both internally generated application software as well as software supplied by suppliers
- Be able to work in wide range of environments and disciplines to avoid and solve problems in safety critical systems
- Familiarity in functional safety requirements and implementation of safety critical applications
Day-to-day activities of the position:
The BMS Systems and Validation Engineer will work in an intimate, dynamic environment where they will need to be able to apply critical thinking and adapt to quickly changing requirements. They will interface with customers, suppliers and the internal team to identify and document high level and detailed requirements, collaborate on implementation, develop DVP&R’s and develop system level DFMEA’s. The candidate will participate in Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessments (HARA) to ensure safe operation of lithium Ion battery systems. The candidate is expected to meet tight deadlines and be able to communicate to leadership on status on a regular basis.
How this position fits into the organization:
The BMS Systems and Validation Engineer will be a critical component of the BMS development team. They will serve as the key liaison to suppliers for functional requirements as well as the point person for BMS functionality within the team. They will be expected to be well versed in in the functionality of battery system as well as the host interface, testing, HILs and functional safety.
- Bachelor of Science (Masters preferred) in electrical engineering, controls or similar degree.
- >= 3 years of experience in automotive or similar electrical systems
- Experience in Battery Management System
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow (Embedded coder preferred)
- Experience with CAN and CAN development tools
- Experience with High Voltage batteries
- Ability to work in a team and individually.
- Experience with the handling high voltage systems
- Ability to present data/solutions in clear manner easy for non-experts to understand
- Experience with Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) Systems
- Proven ability to analyze problems and find solutions.
- Ability to be flexible and take on new roles
Looking for a great team to grow with? Make an immediate impact with? Join us! We understand that people are the greatest asset any company has. With this full time Direct Hire Opportunity, we offer a generous compensation and benefits package, along with the team feel of a small company and the support of a global experience.