Systems Engineer ~ End of Line
- Auburn Rd, Auburn Hills, MI, USA
PPS customer is a growing manufacturing company.
What you will be working on:
· End of Line (EOL) manufacturing/Validation Engineer for electric vehicle and hybrid vehicle batteries.
· EOL test specification for Lithium-ion battery systems in collaboration with Systems, Electronics and Software Engineering teams
· Design EOL test flow for high voltage batteries while ensuring operator safety
· Development and implementation of EOL Test scripts on AVL Lynx to test battery performance according to specification
· Work on EOL test specification for production to ensure the product is tested according to the specification while meeting take time
· Create process profiles for all manufacturing stations in Manufacturing Execution System (MES), ensure all data is recorded and the process is followed
· Create work instructions for battery pack assembly, EOL station and post EOL verification
· Work on PFMEA in collaboration with manufacturing, systems and quality teams
· Troubleshoot and debug issues using Canalyzer and OEM software
· Write and debug PLC ladder logic and create Human Machine Interface (HMI) using factory talk view studio.
· Use Object Oriented Programming languages (C++/Java) to design, code and maintain software applications with emphasis on writing code that is organized, structured, modular and documented.
· Use and write scripts or software applications to automate manufacturing operations including but not limited to:
· communicate with MS SQL server and process traceability data
· communicate, control and query test equipment using RS232
· communicate and process data from OPC servers
What you will need to know and have experience doing:
· Use software development, test specification, etc knowledge to audit supplier’s test software and equipment to provide input in increasing software robustness and integrity of EOL systems in Production
· Proficient in use of battery pack cyclers and knowledgeable in DC power flow
· Knowledge of 3-phase systems, complex power flow, energy conversion via switch-mode power electronic circuits: DC/DC converters, DC/AC converters, electromechanical energy conversion, Operating principles of Direct Current (DC) Machines, Synchronous Machines and Induction Machines
· Experience programming Allen-Bradley PLC-5, SLC 500 and ControlLogix 5000 with RSLogix (5, 500 and 5000), SoftLogix 5800, 1734-Point I/O and RSLogix Emulate 500 software
· Knowledge of centralized and distributed severs, proficient on use of open source code and libraries, working knowledge of CAN communication
· Experience using MES
Trainings and Certifications desired:
- ISO26262 training and certification as Automotive Functional Safety Professional (AFSP)
- Lynx Operation & Parameterization training
- Programmable Logic Controllers Certificate
Direct Hire Opportunity to join our fast-paced leadership team. Excellent compensation and benefits plan.
Must successfully complete a background check and drug screen.
We are a team! The best offering we have is our people. This is a great team to work with and grow with. Join us!