Senior Product Designer
- Orion Rd, Orion Charter Township, MI, USA
PPS customer is a growing Battery company.
The Senior Designer is responsible for designing core battery systems and components. The individual will be responsible for conducting preliminary, space-claim designs for marketing & customer proposals, as well as fully detailed, prototype and production designs, including 2D drawings, to be used for supplier, production, and tooling engineering teams.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Develops component and system designs for Battery packs, modules, thermal components, and enclosures that meet regulations, customer and internal requirements.
• Creation of detailed, production-intent 3D CAD, and 2D drawings.
• Works closely with product development & prototype/production manufacturing teams during design process.
• Supports CAE analysis.
• Interacts with Suppliers to ensure parts are to print.
• Supports all prototype system builds ensuring parts are on time.
• Participates in mechanical System DFMEAs.
• Participates in troubleshooting mechanical issues, DRBTRs, etc.
• Expands professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars and conferences, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
• Contributes to team growth by completing projects in a timely manner.
***Must be highly experienced in CAD software, SolidWorks preferred.
***5 years of experience in the design battery systems.
• Effective communicator, capable of concisely presenting highly technical test data to internal and external customers, as well as effectively communicating with suppliers.
***Experienced with the handling of high voltage lithium-ion battery systems.
• Well versed in the product design process.
Looking for a great team to grow with? Make an immediate impact with? Join us! We understand that people are the greatest asset any company has. With this full time Direct Hire Opportunity, we offer a generous compensation and benefits package, along with the team feel of a small company and the support of a global experience.