General Manager ~ Aerospace Operations
- M-46, Saginaw, MI, USA
PPS customer is a growing aerospace manufacturing company.
The General Manager is responsible for effectively leading and driving results for all areas of Operations. The General Manager will ensure the successful accomplishment of Operational Key Performance Indicators, goals and objectives. This position is in our Saginaw, Michigan facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for the overall performance of all Operational areas, defined as Manufacturing, Supply Chain (Purchasing & Production Planning), Manufacturing Engineering, Facilities and Quality Assurance.
- Meet quality and delivery agreements.
• Meeting or exceeding Operational metrics and driving functional breakthroughs in line with strategic objectives.
• Directly manage and lead the Operations management team consisting of Directors, Senior Managers and Managers.
- Lead Operations and Engineering to thier best performance and output as a Team.
• Define and implement strategies, resource management, and processes to meet customer requirements for quality, cost, manufacturability, and timeliness of manufactured product in accordance with customer and regulatory guidelines.
• Lead, motivate, and develop human capital, including implementation of the company’s values and behaviors to ensure a culture consistent with the company’s plan.
• Establishing a sustainable culture of continuous improvement.
• Develop and implement annual operating and long-range plans concerning all pertinent aspects relating to Operations, direct/indirect budgets, capital equipment and facilities budgets.
• Ensure safety and regulatory compliance is maintained.
• Analyzing and approving Operational investments.
• Support Operational aspects of company’s merger and acquisition strategy.
• Establish and implement strategies that have short to mid-term (1-5 years) impact on business results in alignment with parent/independent organization objectives.
• Develop performance standards and production layouts for optimal production flow.
• Coordinate and participate in administrative and technical programs and functions such as, but not limited to, manpower planning, production schedule, shipping commitments, management development programs, supply chain reliability, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or demonstrated equivalency in related work experience. An MBA is preferred.
• Minimum 10 years of Aerospace Operations Management experience plus 5 years of Senior Management experience (Senior Manager, Director, Vice President) with a company or group of companies having revenues of over $100M USD with a demonstrated track record of success.
• Experience with strategic planning and implementation for operations and implementing lean initiatives such as 5S, SMED, Kaizen, etc.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities and confident leadership capabilities.
• Experience with utilizing lean methodology and tools to improve processes.
• Experience in directly managing multiple functions.
• Experience leading with a unionized workforce.
• Experience in metal working operations.
• P&L management experience.
- Knowledge of supply chains in the aerospace industry.
Direct Hire Opportunity to join our fast-paced leadership team. Excellent compensation and benefits plan.
Must successfully complete a background check and drug screen.
We are a team! The best offering we have is our people. This is a great team to work with and grow with. Join us!