Supervisor - Production
- Bay City Loop, Bay City, MI, USA
PPS customer is a growing food production company.
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for management and supervision of operations, meeting factory process and maintenance performance standards, and ensuring factory reliability. Management of daily shift operations imaterial processing, Chemical Softening and Waste Water Treatment operations.
The Shift Supervisor is also responsible for supporting safety, environmental, quality, and individualized R&M budgets in addition to hourly employee management.
· Safety – Ensure all employees, contracted personnel and visitors comply with regulatory and company requirements for personal and facility safety.
· Environmental – Be knowledgeable of, manage and support all regulatory requirements through processes impacting environmental operations to ensure compliance.
· Leadership – Manage shift operations to achieve factory business goals and performance standards. Supervise the shift Union process foremen and maintenance crews through documented objectives and performance assessments.
· Environmental – Manage and support all processes impacting environmental operations ensuring government compliance with regulatory requirements.
· Production – Review shift production data and adjust specific targets to achieve factory process goals, cost efficiency and environmental compliance. Follow up on tracking results, provide feedback and take corrective actions as appropriate.
· Quality – Sustain quality targets to ensure production sugar and byproducts meet feed and food safety and customer quality standards. Investigate product quality issues, document and implement corrective actions.
· Maintenance – Support daily maintenance for all factory equipment during the process campaigns. During inter-campaign conduct significant equipment inspection, R&M, improvements, capital project installations and reassembly of the entire factory in preparation for the next campaign. Set planned tasks and expectations for responsible equipment repair and adhere to budget.
· Budget – Support and accountability to the annual factory operations and maintenance budgets. Follow-up on process materials, chemicals and supplies usage. Communication of results and accountability for variances.
· Efficiency – Optimization of process & equipment resources to minimize unit costs & enhance product output.
· Employee Development – Identify and implement training and development for the Union workforce to ensure the necessary people skills and resources are applied currently and in the future.
· Business Development – Identification and submission of capital and extraordinary projects that provide solutions for continuous improvement to operations.
Previous Supervisory experience with an excellent safety and production record.
Union supervision experience is preferred.
SQF Experience is preferred.
Direct Hire Opportunity to join our fast-paced leadership team. Excellent compensation and benefits plan.
Must successfully complete a background check and drug screen.
We are a team! The best offering we have is our people. This is a great team to work with and grow with. Join us!
We offer an excellent benefits package!