- W Sebewaing St, Sebewaing, MI 48759, USA
PPS customer is a growing Food company.
The Journeyman Electrician will work on electrical, instrumentation, and mechanical equipment to support operations and maintenance. This support will include the installation of new equipment as well. The electrical/programming support will include hardware and software, PLC’s, and VFD’s. Due to the nature of the operations, overtime work is required during a couple months out of the year.
*Training for Instrument Tech Certification is provided by the company for those with a Journeyman Electrician license.
- Keep electrical systems running to prevent or minimize down time in process.
- Upgrading and adding new electrical systems which includes running conduit, wire and termination ends.
- Maintain existing electrical systems.
- Responsible for working cooperatively and assist various other skilled technicians in performing a variety of different maintenance, repair and construction tasks.
- Perform all electrical, instrumentation/programming on all production equipment and buildings keeping them in proper operating condition.
- Assist in mechanical or fabrication projects when the need arises.
- Handle all PLC installations, upgrades , program changes and keeping backup programs for all processors and HMI’s.
- Parts ordering.
- Inspection of all newly installed and preexisting equipment to ensure safe and proper work was completed.
- Lead small work crews during repair season.
- State of Michigan Electrical License as a Journeyman or Master Electrician
- Minimum 5 years industrial electrical experience preferred.
- Must have completed all aspects or equivalent of the MSC E/I program.
- Industrial experience, including knowledge in motor control, relay logic, PLC logic and computer based motor and process control system
- Experience with Allen Bradley Rockwell software, Logix 500, RSLogix 5000, Studio 5000, and Factory Talk View.
- EtherNetIP linking device and Connected Components Workbench experience is preferred. Candidates lacking this experience will be required to obtain once placed in the position.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to perform physically demanding work.
- Ability to use acetylene cutting torch and ability to weld are preferred.
- Ability to work safely at all heights and demonstrate proper use of all required PPE.
- Ability to quickly problem solve and make decisions
- Demonstrated personal leadership and positive can-do attitude
- Flexible and able to work in fast paced and varying environments
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative to self-start and complete tasks.
· State of Michigan Electrical License as a Journeyman or Master Electrician (Must Have)
· Minimum 5 years industrial electrical experience
· Industrial experience, including knowledge in motor control, relay logic, PLC logic and computer based motor and process control system
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Ability to perform physically demanding work
· Ability to quickly problem solve and make decisions
· Demonstrated personal leadership and positive can-do attitude
· Flexible and able to work in fast paced and varying environments
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment
· Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate value
· Leading the self by demonstrating ethics and integrity, displaying drive and purpose, demonstrated capability to learn, managing self, increasing self-awareness
Looking for a great team to grow with? Make an immediate impact with? Join us! We understand that people are the greatest asset any company has. With this full time Direct Hire Opportunity, we offer a generous compensation and benefits package, along with a great team to work with. Paid training opportunities offered to set you up for promotion!