- South Blvd W, Pontiac, MI 48341, USA
PPS customer is a growing battery company.
An Application Engineer’s responsibilities consist of providing technical support for products or services to targeted customers (existing and potential). The Application Engineer will be the primary point of contact for technical topics including: definition of system sizing using products based on customers’ requirements, collaboration with our respective commercial contact to develop and submit a proposal and provide technical guidance to ensure a successful award and product launch through close collaboration with Engineering community. This role is the primary technical interface between customers and our organization.
· Demonstrates a very good understanding of the Li-ion market for Electric Vehicles, Buses, Commercial Trucks, Marine, and Grid.
· Understands and is sensitive to the competitive landscape, knows our competitors’ strength and weaknesses, and can articulate and sell our value proposition.
· Customer focused –able to balance the voice of the customer with the voice of the business.
· Assures major customer programs are delivered on time to committed delivery dates.
· Provide support to Product Marketing to develop, update and maintain technical marketing material for brochures and other marketing materials.
· Facilitates customer implementation of product change notifications (PCNs)
· Capable of converting customer requirements and challenges into solutions.
· Capable of sizing battery systems for given voltage, amperage, energy, temperature and other major specifications.
· Working knowledge of different battery chemistries and value propositions associated with each.
· Able to competently and confidently represent our company at technical conferences, shows and technical seminars.
· Interface with customer to capture application technical requirements and communicate technical requirements of our products
· Create customer compliance matrix
· Support Customer Service to track and initiate software deliverables and schedule commissioning events
· Primary point of contact for customer for project status
· Support internal project team meetings providing significant and in-depth participation
· B.S. degree or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering (or related field)
· Additional Business degree a plus
· Minimum of 3 years experience in Business to Business sales in Technical Area
· Prior track record of achievement in positions with significant responsibility
· Li-ion battery experience a large plus
· Willing to travel up to 30% of time
· Working knowledge of CRM
· Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Highly proficient computer skills including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
· Prominent organization and presentation skills
· Excellent time management skills
· Highly energetic and self-starter
· Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills
· Should be honest, assertive and systematic
· Demonstrates being a good team player
Looking for a great team to grow with? Make an immediate impact with? Join us! We understand that people are the greatest asset any company has. With this full time Direct Hire Opportunity, we offer a generous compensation and benefits package, along with the team feel of a small company and the support of a an industry leading leadership team.