Product Development Engineer
- Auburn Rd, Auburn Hills, MI, USA
PPS customer is a growing battery company.
The product development engineer is responsible for design, development, and execution of core battery systems architecture and components. The individual will be responsible for defining, documenting, and designing overall mechanical architecture, being design responsible for key mechanical systems and components, and overseeing validation of those components and systems. This individual will work closely with our prototype and production engineering manufacturing teams, as well key suppliers and the validation/testing teams.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Develops detailed product requirements based on regulations, customer requirements, and internal requirements.
· Develops mechanical system and components to house, structurally support, thermally manage, and electrically connect a variety of types of Li-Ion batteries.
· Specifies components (materials, structures, fuses, housings, etc.) and ensures products meet internal and customer requirements.
· Develops mechanical system DFMEAs.
· Evaluates supplier information, specifications, and validation data to ensure selection of the proper suppliers.
· Key contributor in evaluation of prospective suppliers.
· Develops mechanical system DVP&Rs for integration into or support of overall ABS system DVP&Rs.
· Supports all prototype system builds ensuring parts are on time.
· Troubleshooting any issues with battery systems.
· Expands professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars and conferences, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
· Contributes to team growth by completing projects in a timely manner.
· Minimum Bachelor’s of Science and/or Engineering in Mechanical/Electrical/Systems Engineering or equivalent degree.
· 5 years of experience in automotive or similar product design and development.
· Adept in data processing and statistical analysis.
· Effective communicator, capable of concisely presenting highly technical test data to internal and external customers, as well as effectively communicating with suppliers.
· Experienced with the handling of high voltage lithium-ion battery systems.
· Educated on common automotive & industry standards.
· Familiar with the product design process.
· Self-motivated problem solver; pays attention to the details.
· Challenges the status quo and strives for continuous improvement.
· Abides by safety standards and protocols.
Looking for a great team to grow with? Make an immediate impact with? Join us! We understand that people are the greatest asset any company has. With this full time Direct Hire Opportunity, we offer a generous compensation and benefits package, along with the team feel of a small company and the support of a an industry leading leadership team.