Senior Project Engineer
- Bay City Loop, Bay City, MI, USA
PPS customer is a growing food company.
*Excellent Career Track: Opportunity for a high performer to become the Engineering Manager within approximately one year.
The Senior Project Engineer will be developing and implementing plans for multiple processes, infrastructure and automation projects spanning one to five years. The engineer works with other lead project engineers, our engineering support team and factory personnel to define project objectives and scope, develop budgets, P&ID’s, drawings, specifications and bid packages for the projects, and then follows the projects through to successful completion. The engineer also works with factory personnel to support them in operations, maintenance and local non-capital projects and issues.
· Manage fiscal year capital project budgets and spending, engineering resource loading and schedules.
· Evaluate project equipment, building & infrastructure needs, develop project budgets, schedules and P&ID’s.
· Develop layouts for ordering / build.
· Develop bid packages for equipment, get quotes and order.
· Develop installation bid packages, get quotes and order.
· Coordinate with support groups for environmental, safety, power and controls services for projects.
· Provide training & start up support to operators, supervisors and maintenance personnel.
· Track order deliveries & installation progress, approve invoices & track project costs.
· Archive drawings, equipment cut sheets, manuals and provide hard copy / online access to factory personnel.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering field.
· Minimum 15 years’ experience, 5 as an engineering manager in a sugar factory.
· Project management experience procuring and supervising consulting engineering firms during design phase, and contractors during construction phase.
· Strong AutoCAD drafting experience.
· Strong technical experience and working knowledge of ASME boiler, pressure vessel and piping codes.
· Experience specifying process equipment such as piping systems, boilers, turbines, pumps, heat exchangers, evaporators, centrifuges, chillers, tanks, filters, air compressors, water treatment systems and equipment unique to the sugar industry.
· Experience specifying bulk material handling equipment such as belt and screw conveyors, bucket elevators, mixers, screeners, bins, scales, packaging equipment, and explosion protection equipment.
· Good communication skills
· Proficient skills in MS Office products, AutoCAD and other engineering software
· Ability to work well with others in a team environment
· Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values
Looking for a great team to grow with? Make an immediate impact with? Join us! We understand that people are the greatest asset any company has. With this full time Direct Hire Opportunity, we offer a generous compensation and benefits package, along with the team feel of a small company and the support of a global enterprise.