Electrical Systems Engineer
- Lake St, Orion Charter Township, MI 48362, USA
PPS customer is a growing Battery company.
The Electrical Systems Engineer is responsible for design, development, and execution of core electrical systems architecture and components. The individual will be responsible for defining and documenting overall electrical architecture, being design responsible for key electrical systems, and overseeing validation of those components and systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Develops system electrical architectural schematics, wiring diagrams, perform systems integration and validation for development and production batteries.
• Specifies components (wiring, connectors, contactors, fuses, etc.) and ensures products meet internal and customer requirements.
• Develops Electrical System DFMEAs, WCCA, etc.
• Evaluates supplier specifications & validation data to ensure selection of the proper suppliers.
• Key contributor in evaluation of prospective suppliers.
• Develops electrical system DVP&Rs for integration into or support of overall ABS system DVP&Rs.
• Supports all prototype system builds ensuring parts are on time.
• Troubleshooting any issues with electrical systems.
• Expands professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars and conferences, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
• Contributes to team growth by completing projects in a timely manner.
Masters of Science and/or Engineering in Energy Systems Engineering or equivalent degree.
• ≥3 years of experience in automotive or similar electrical systems; wiring, controls, CAN, connectors.
• Adept in data processing and statistical analysis.
• Effective communicator, capable of concisely presenting highly technical test data to internal and external customers, as well as effectively communicating with suppliers.
• Experienced with the handling of high voltage lithium-ion battery systems.
• Educated on common automotive & industry test certifications.
• Familiar with the product design process.
• Self-motivated problem solver, pays attention to the details.
• Challenges the status quo and strives for continuous improvement.
• Abides by safety standards and protocols.
Looking for a great team to grow with? Make an immediate impact with? Join us! We understand that people are the greatest asset any company has. With this full time Direct Hire Opportunity, we offer a generous compensation and benefits package, along with the team feel of a small company and the support of a global experience.