Battery Requirements Systems Engineer
- South Blvd, Bloomfield Twp, MI, USA
PPS customer is a growing manufacturing company.
The Battery Requirements Systems Engineer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of Battery System requirements in DOORS. This is a cross-functional position working with all aspects of the battery engineering team (Elec, Mech, BMS HW/SW, Application, etc.).
- Develop and maintain requirements for battery systems, including:
- Enlist the V-model of Systems Engineering
- Ensure proper requirement development rules are applied
- Certify linking of parent to child requirements.
- Import Customer requirements to enable requirements management
- Import various standards to enable proper linking from system requirements to an associated standard/regulation.
- Create and manage templates to support consistent views and requirements forms
- DOORS administration
- Capable of quantitatively reporting the status of requirement development
- Manage requirements for product variants
Additional Support Responsibilities
- DOORS DXL scripting
- Go-to person for DOORS support within Engineering team.
- B.S. in Engineering (Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, or other)
- Excellent knowledge of and hands on experience working within DOORS
- Requirements management associated with complex systems.
- Experience working with Battery Management Systems
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills – position requires strong interaction in multi-functional team environment particularly in high-pressure situations (e.g., launch).
· Strong English communication skills, both spoken and written.
· Must be a self-starter who takes the initiative to find solutions to technical challenges.
· Travel approximately 10% of time. Interoffice travel between Midland and Pontiac office is expected periodically.
- Takes ownership product/project
- Meets customers needs and provides excellent customer service
- Works independently and overcomes obstacles to achieve results.
- Willingness to participate in teams to reach desired outcomes either as a team leader or team member.
Looking for a great team to grow with? Make an immediate impact with? Join us! We understand that people are the greatest asset any company has. With this full time Direct Hire Opportunity, we offer a generous compensation and benefits package, along with the team feel of a small company and the support of a global enterprise.
Although all of our applicants are important to us, sponsorship is not offered with this opportunity.