Battery Systems Engineer
- South Blvd, Bloomfield Twp, MI, USA
PPS customer is a growing manufacturing company.
The Battery Systems Engineer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of product integration and performance materials. They will be at the forefront of product discussions and documentation of product needs, as well as define test cases to assure SW and HW issues are are dealt with prior to customer experience. This engineer will be involved in development efforts for each release of embedded software and will be a key team member.
- Develop and maintain battery system integration materials, including:
- Integration Guides
- CAN database management
- Customer specific requirements and test cases (managed in DOORS)
- Manage the system level requirements and ensure proper linking to sub-systems.
- Interface control documents for low voltage, communications, and high voltage interfaces
- Interface documentation of mechanical, thermal, and coolant interfaces
- Theory of Operation information such as state diagrams and operating modes
- System level DFMEAs and boundary diagrams
- Functional Safety documentation as relevant to the associated industry (ISO 26262, IEC 61508, etc)
- Manage a battery system performance data portfolio.
- Perform battery system in vehicle simulations
- Assist in the sizing of battery systems to the customer applications.
- Perform on-site support of new application startup at customer sites
- Design and procure high voltage / high current cable assemblies.
- Perform root cause analysis and battery system testing.
- Assist BMS engineers in design of experiments, lab test setup, and execution; support bug/defect tracking and reporting activities.
- Drive fast and thorough problem resolution through use of team-oriented problem solving tools, including 8D, Ishikawa, 5-Why, Is-IsNot techniques.
- B.S. in one of the following: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Controls Engineering.
- Experience in electric vehicle programs and/or other e-assist technologies. Battery and/or electric machine integration experience strongly desired.
· Working knowledge of network based communication protocols including CAN (J1939) and respective development tools.
· Understanding of Battery Management Systems, and relationships between controllable attributes, and battery life and performance.
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills – position requires strong interaction in multi-functional team environment particularly in high-pressure situations (e.g., launch).
· Strong English communication skills, both spoken and written.
· Must have experience launching a major subsystem into production in relevant industry (Large battery or electromechanical subsystems is desired).
· Travel approximately 20% of time. Interoffice travel between Midland and Pontiac office is expect for 1-2 days every other week.
- Experience in testing complex electrical systems.
- Takes ownership of the product/project with the customer.
- Evaluates existing work processes and initiate practices to promote continuous improvement.
Looking for a great team to grow with? Make an immediate impact with? Join us! We understand that people are the greatest asset any company has. With this full time Direct Hire Opportunity, we offer a generous compensation and benefits package, along with the team feel of a small company and the support of a global enterprise.
Although all of our applicants are important to us, sponsorship is not offered with this opportunity.