- M-46, Saginaw, MI, USA
PPS customer is a growing manufacturing company.
The Engineering Manager is accountable for the design, development, onboarding and implementation of the products of the corporation. This position is accountable for the systems, documentation, quality and processes of the product team. The Engineering Manager has direct responsibility for Product Engineering for both Mechanical and Controls, Application Engineering, R&D and Detailing.
Must be willing to do what it takes to get the results, and enjoy working in a dynamic company. To manage, generate and perform such that the company’s Strategic Objectives, standards and optimal customer service is achieved.
The Engineering Manager is part of the Executive Team shaping company strategy and execution.
Summary of Essential Functions
· You will oversee and lead the design, development of products both in R&D as well as engineering changes/modifications within our product line. Accountable to manage and maintain all process, quality, document controls, systems, data, applications rules, drawings and all product related materials that hold the integrity of our products throughout its lifecycle and across the functions of the organization.
· Drive results with high integrity, through high level project management and proper resource allocations; assuring the results meet the required criteria and budget.
· Will work with the product owners to assure continuous improvement and cost reductions are done.
Integrity of the Model and Drawing System:
· Working through the detailing manager, you will direct the management of our mechanical drawings.
· You will drive and oversee the automation, efficiency, productivity and quality of all drawing inputs and outputs through the detailing manager.
· Assure discipline of the documentation for engineering changes, site/project changes, as built, as installed, as serviced level drawings, revision logs and other quality control measures.
· Assure document control and protocols are maintained by everyone on your team.
· As a member of the executive management team, you are accountable for setting goals for your team that support and sustain the company’s strategic platform. You will support company policies, procedures, and goals to maximize productivity and profitability, working closely with all depts.
· Assure that each engineer has the training and tools needed to achieve the goals.
· Develop and manage timelines to assure the projects are completed on time and within budget.
· Implement and drive processes and protocols to assure consistency and quality.
· Generate the culture with your team and others you will work with.
· Must be able to work in partnership, across our internal platforms as well with our external stakeholders
· Analysis of work load, staffing, processes, reporting as required.
· Recommending solutions as needed and managing implementation with integrity.
· Personnel Management; performance evaluations, coaching and mentoring, scheduling and approving time and requests for time off in our payroll system.
· Management of the team as well supporting all areas of the company is vital to our success. Therefore this position requires you to be present in the office on a regular basis.
· High School Diploma required.
· College Education Required: Engineering Degree, preferably mechanical, industrial, quality or process.
· Required: Management: 3-5 years of Managing or Leading a team of people.
· Required: Experience with setting and accomplishing annual goals and forecasting business needs 1- 2 years in to the future.
· Required: Proven experience successfully implementing projects and processes in a company
· Required: Knowledge of mechanical design; change management,
· Required: Proven experience with document control,
· Required: Computer Proficiency: 5 years MS Office programs, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Must be able to learn company manufacturing system to provide both inputs and interpret reports.
· Required: Excellent communication skills; able to do presentations in front of groups of varying sizes. Proven ability to: document processes, change management, quality processes, etc.
· Required: Ability to bring a mechanical concept in to a drawing that can be manufactured.
· Strongly Preferred: Developing and growing a team
· Strongly Preferred: Drafting/Drawing experience with a 3D program.
· Preferred: Detailing/Checking experience with 3-D modeling program.
· Mechanical ability, able to comprehend mechanical concepts/function, and provide expertise to drive efficiency.
· Meticulous attention to detail and quality, able to multi-task well and able to prioritize to complete projects on time.
· Proven “customer-focus” attitude, demonstrates ability to follow up and keep promises – reliable.
· Process driven, able to develop, write and consistently maintain processes and protocols that manage quality, safety, efficiency and assembly.
· Demonstrated ability to organize details to higher concepts to achieve strategic outcomes. (such as automation and lean manufacturing).
· Delegate and follow up to produce the needed results.
· Must be self-initiating, independent, have good problem solving skills. Knowledge or training in root cause analysis methodology; so that you can lead your team through the process.
· Facilitation skills to lead a team and have the ability to organize time and manage diverse responsibilities.
· Leadership and Management skills such as coaching, team building, setting goals, scheduling etc.
Full Time Direct Hire Opportunity with a generous compensation and benefits package.