Social Media Intern
- 4303 Russell Dr, Austin, TX 78704, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Pingboard is looking for a part-time Social Media Intern to help us grow a captive audience! From content development to social media analysis, the Social Media Intern will play a pivotal role on the marketing at Pingboard. Here, we believe that transparency builds trust, and trust propels teams. Pingboard is a software that gives employees access to essential information about people, teams, and their company. We’re a small, close-knit team that believes in quality over hours worked, and that work should be full of interesting challenges, stimulating conversations, and friendly people.
In this role, you’ll be working closely with our Product Marketing and Brand Manager to get the great content we create in front of the right people. Our marketing team will be relying on you to help us execute on a distribution strategy across multiple social media platforms. This role provides the opportunity to learn new digital marketing skills, gain valuable b2b SaaS experience, and personal ownership of a social strategy for a growing company.
As our Social Media Intern you will:
- Monitor and manage social profiles across major social networks.. Including, but not limited to;
- Identify relevant social conversations for opportunities to engage
- Pull excerpts from our podcast and blog content to and get creative in promoting them, such as using audiograms or infographics
- Work cross-functionally to plan, forecast, and report for social media marketing and customer care programs.
- Stay on top of the latest trends across different platforms and help us uncover ways our content can gain more reach
- Provide insight and analysis as to whether or not our content is working through KPIs
For applicants, a working understanding of social media and major networks is preferred, as is a sense of curiosity and a “can-do” attitude.
To thrive in this role, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree not required! Students preferred
- A passion for social media and its role in growing a captive audience for a business.
- Familiarity with major social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest YouTube, LinkedIn, and TikTok.
- A knack for absorbing information from many external and internal sources and turning it into actionable insights and recommendations for the business.
- A demeanor that is positive, energetic, and exudes a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
To support you in your work, we offer:
- A supportive environment where you can be your authentic self
- An experienced leadership team committed to transparency
- Company provided equipment
- Our office in South Austin, with standing desks and, and a flexible, remote-friendly team if you’re working from home. Post pandemic we've adapted a hybrid model, applicants applying locally in the Austin area can work in the office some days or remain remote.
- $15 - $20 hourly rate to start
- 40 hours per month, potential for more.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who currently lives and is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.