Customer Support Advocate
- 4303 Russell Dr, Austin, TX 78704, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Pingboard is looking for an empathetic, curious, and driven Customer Support Advocate to join our expanding Customer Experience Team.
At Pingboard, we believe that transparency builds trust, and trust propels teams. Pingboard gives employees access to essential information about people, teams, and their company. We’re a small, close-knit team that believes in quality over hours worked, and that work should be full of interesting challenges, stimulating conversations, and friendly people.
This position is part of our Customer Experience Team and is available to remote applicants in the U.S. or locals near us in Austin, Texas. Pingboard is a Remote First company with a central hub office in Austin. Pingboard is committed to building an inclusive team with diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
We encourage people from groups that are underrepresented in tech to apply!
The Customer Support Team focuses on customer education, advocacy, internal knowledge sharing, and is a huge contributor to customer acquisition, expansion, and retention. Our product is crafted with care, so you won’t spend your time responding to the same bug over and over again. Instead, you’ll go deep answering interesting questions and providing troubleshooting assistance across a wide variety of topics (usage questions, data integrations, billing issues, etc.). Pingboard’s growth is both product and support-driven, and we pride ourselves on providing excellent support at all stages of our customer journey - from the demo and signup stage to providing refreshers and troubleshooting years into a customer’s relationship.
As our new Customer Support Specialist, you will:
- Be the front-line and the first point of contact for Pingboard’s current and future customers
- Deliver quick, empathetic, friendly answers and advice to customers via email, live chat, and phone calls/screens shares
- Become an expert in the customer-facing functions of Pingboard, use that knowledge to provide onboarding advice and solutions for common roadblocks
- Use your technical skills (don’t worry, we’ll train you) to investigate and resolve customer problems, or escalate trickier issues to our technical team
- Learn all there is to know about Pingboard’s plans and pricing to answer and resolve common billing questions and issues
- Identify growth and expansion opportunities for new and existing customers and escalate them to our Customer Success team
- Share your knowledge by contributing educational and troubleshooting materials (support articles, video guides) to our customer-facing help center and internal knowledge base
- Propose and champion solutions to common pain points
To thrive in this role, you will:
- Have 2+ years of Customer Support/Success experience, ideally at a fast-paced, B2B, SaaS company
- Be an insatiable problem solver who is driven to get to the root of the issue
- Listen well and provide consultative solutions to help customers solve organizational issues
- Be engaging and enthusiastic in your communication with customers who occupy a wide range of professional roles and technical acumen
- Possess a deep well of empathy that you share from generously
- Work well as a deeply integrated team member, enjoy collaborative problem-solving and brainstorming
- Have experience crafting clear, succinct help content on technical topics
- Be a master at time management, prioritization, and context-switching
- Have in-depth experience with Zendesk, Intercom, Aircall, or similar support communication tools
- Extra credit:
- Technical ability to reproduce and diagnose customer issues and an eagerness to learn more
- Familiarity with support-driven growth models and methodologies
- Familiarity with HRIS platforms and integrations like ADP, Azure Active Directory, Okta, and G-Suite
- Experience with Pingboard in a previous role
To support you in your work, we offer:
- A supportive environment where you can be your authentic self
- An experienced leadership team committed to transparency
- Our office in South Austin, with standing desks and, and a flexible, remote-friendly team if you’re working from home. As we’re currently 100% distributed due to the pandemic, applicants applying locally in the Austin area will remain 100% remote until we all return to the office.
- Competitive salary and equity stake in the company
- Medical & dental coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 company holidays
- Parental leave
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.