Supply Chain Planner (Fixed Term)
PILMICO ANIMAL NUTRITION CORPORATION, is a subsidiary of Pilmico Foods Corporation wholly owned by Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc. We provide customers with high quality feeds for aqua, hogs, poultry as well as customized solutions for large farm accounts.
Since we started in 1998, we have grown and diversified to include swine and layer operations in Tarlac.
Our swine and layer farms employ advanced production systems, with automated feeding and drinking systems. Climate control is achieved in the barns through tunnel ventilation and evaporative cooling system. Our swine genetic program and pullet source selection on the other hand, ensures that we only produce quality market hogs and layers. Strict biosecurity measures are also in place to protect the animals from bacterial and viral disease exposure.
As a total solutions provider, we aim to become a one-stop shop that offers quality feeds, technical support, and a growing range of fresh & quality meats & eggs products. We do this through our four-pillar Diamond Program which consists of: 1) good breeding & genetics, 2) complete healthcare 3) sound management and 4) excellent nutrition & feeding.
JOB SUMMARY :
The Supply Chain Planner (reliever) position is responsible for planning all incoming raw materials’ (local and foreign) forecasting and reporting activities. He/She is directly responsible for ensuring processes are in place to optimize inventory level and cost to drive forecast accuracy and meet KPIs. He/She works closely with key stakeholders to ensure timely shipment and delivery of supplies versus planning. The Supply Chain Planner also performs reconciliation and reports any discrepancies. He/She participates with cross-functional team meetings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supply Chain Planner
- Generate, update, and analyze the daily, weekly, and monthly planning reports
- Develop “buy quantities” at the item level based on demand forecasts, current inventory, and safety stock position along with other market-related factors.
- Actively manage exceptions of “over” and “under” forecast versus consumption
- Prioritize inventory management activities utilizing ABC raw materials stratification
- Manage total inventory at the raw material item level to budgets on a monthly basis
- Support and manage production transitions at the raw material item level
- Support monthly Supply Planning meetings (S&OP) and discuss short-term and long-term gaps and mitigation plans
- Coordinate efforts with Logistics and Customer Service to ensure timely product deliveries
- Develop trend reports, weekly, month over month, and year over year, by raw material category and class
- Prepare weekly and monthly key performance indicator reports
- Appropriately highlight forecast issues and risks to the manager
- Develop and maintain strong system knowledge of the company’s Oracle ERP, Ivalua Cloud applications
1. Attends required employee meetings.
2. Ensures compliance with food safety based on the standard requirement of 5S, HACCP/GMP & ISO.
3. Performs related work and other items that may be requested from time to time.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably from an Engineering or Accounting related course.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
3 – 5 years experience in Inventory Management or in Manufacturing set-up, preferably in feed mill operation.
CRITICAL SKILLS OR COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
1. Strong Microsoft Excel, data analysis, and (IT) technical skills.
2. Working knowledge in production planning processes, inventory management, and industrial manufacturing processes.
3. Strong problem-solving, planning, and organizational skills.
4. Quick learner with a collaborative spirit and cross-functional mentality.
5. Strong oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
6. High levels of accuracy, precision, and sense of urgency.
7. Integrity and common sense.
8. Knowledge in feed mill operations.
REPORTS TO: SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNING SUPERVISOR