- Kiwalan Cove, Dalipuga, Iligan City, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
- Employees can work remotely
Pilmico Foods Corporation & Gold Coin Management Holdings are the integrated agribusiness and food companies of Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc. (AEV). Gold Coin is now fully-managed and owned by Pilmico International and to date, it is the largest investment in the Asia-Pacific region in their shared history.
Pilmico comprises four divisions: Flour, Feeds, Farms, and Trading; enabling growth to its partners through its consistent quality products and unparalleled supporting services. Meanwhile, Gold Coin is a pioneer in animal nutrition and the manufacturing of scientifically-balanced animal feed in Asia.
With their combined strengths, Pilmico & Gold Coin represent one of the largest privately-owned agribusinesses in the region, with over 2,900 partners throughout the multitude of production facilities across 11 countries in Asia.
In its journey moving forward, the Aboitiz Group will drive change for a better world by advancing business and communities. Armed with Pilmico and Gold Coin's mission of feeding humanity, they aim to take a leadership position in innovating the food value chain in the Asia Pacific.
The NITRQ-Vet Technical Manager is responsible in leading the development, implementation and direction of effective strategies for all technical services activities for swine, poultry, rabbits and other categories served. Ensures that plans & programs, system and standards are in place and that protocols, processes and services meet desired quality levels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Prospecting Phase and Solution Development
- Standardize farm profiling protocols, review and evaluate the cases presented, synergize with the team the best course of action.
- Leads in the analysis and assessment of the farm case data gathered to identify the veterinary needs of the prospect farm customer.
- Institutes guidelines for VSTS to provide support to the Sales team in assessing the productivity of the farm, earning potential, health status, and present a complete viable solution to the farm prospects.
- Synergizes with the RSMs to align with the team, priority action plans to support customer conversion and retention.
- Works with Sales partners preparing customized engagement plan to prospect customers based on the data gathered.
- Actively monitors status of prospects, address concerns and develop solutions to convert and maintain farm accounts.
- Champions Product presentation, launching and Technical Engagements.
- Presents to management all results and recommendations on retained and converted customers
- Coordinates with the external consultants on technical aspects.
- Build a Standardized program for farm and backyard end users, in terms of;
- biosecurity measures
- Health maintenance
- Vaccination programs
- Disease management
- Diagnostics and prescription
2. Maximize the efficiency of the team when addressing multiple concerns occurring at the same time and ensure continuity of record and history taking.
3. Source of technical product information that will be used to build a marketing plans.
B. Research and Development Support
- Must stay well informed on all on-going and scheduled trials in the field.
- Ensure that feeds potential is expressed by animal performance by instituting thoughtful resolution of the management and disease challenges of customer farms.
- Works with the Nutrition Team in the cascade and implementation of trial protocols when doing feeding trials.
- Ensures that trial data is recorded and analyzed for presentation to all concerned.
- Manages customer relationships and perform review, customer visits and product testing.
- Investigates new technologies and novel biomarkers.
C. Maintenance Phase
- Herd/Flock health status monitoring of farm customers which covers the general health status of the farm, feed performance, disease occurrence and doing necropsies as an aid in determining cause of diseases and mortalities.
- Prepares a report on status of farm customers after farm visits can be general or based on specific cases/complaints or situations.
- Conducts training and seminars for farm personnel or technicians on swine/poultry management.
- Offers solutions regarding farms’ health-related concerns, and if necessary, recommend vaccination programs and medication regimens.
- Helps in the diagnosis of a disease by submitting sample specimens to a regional/national animal disease diagnostic laboratory as necessary.
Technical Support to Distribution Market Segment
- Provides technical assistance to Agri Centers’ customers in solving animal health-related issues, recommending appropriate vaccination and medication programs.
- Conducts training & seminars on swine diseases and management which can include current customers, prospect customers and Animal Production Specialists.
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
- Understands customer expectations on to be manufactured product.
- Determines and executes improved technologies used by suppliers, competitors and customers.
- Establishes project goals and priorities by collaborating with QA & Formulation, Sales and Operations.
- Researches, designs and evaluates material, assembly, process and equipment.
- Manages research and development works for all animal feeds product improvement.
- Monitors and conducts performance evaluation of team members.
- Ensures implementation of and adherence to company policies.
- Recommends training interventions, promotion, and commendation of team members.
- Provides motivation, guidance and coaching for team members depending on evaluation results.
- Performs administrative functions on the conduct of duties.
- Monitors team metrics and objectives ensuring meeting goals.
- Prepare and develop succession plan to secure the stability of the department.
- Holder of active PRC Veterinary License
- at least 10 years of experience in Livestock industry
- at least 5 years with leadership position
- Consultancy background is an advantage