Logistics Assistant (project-based)
- Kiwalan Cove, Dalipuga, Iligan City, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
Pilmico Foods Corporation & Gold Coin Management Holdings are the integrated agribusiness and food companies of Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc. (AEV). Gold Coin is now fully-managed and owned by Pilmico International and to date, it is the largest investment in the Asia-Pacific region in their shared history.
Pilmico comprises four divisions: Flour, Feeds, Farms, and Trading; enabling growth to its partners through its consistent quality products and unparalleled supporting services. Meanwhile, Gold Coin is a pioneer in animal nutrition and the manufacturing of scientifically-balanced animal feed in Asia.
With their combined strengths, Pilmico & Gold Coin represent one of the largest privately-owned agribusinesses in the region, with over 2,900 partners throughout the multitude of production facilities across 11 countries in Asia.
In its journey moving forward, the Aboitiz Group will drive change for a better world by advancing business and communities. Armed with Pilmico and Gold Coin's mission of feeding humanity, they aim to take a leadership position in innovating the food value chain in the Asia Pacific.
The Logistics Assistant is responsible for performing logistics support activities such as but not limited to; accreditation and evaluation of service providers, service agreements / contracts management, claims management and freight cost management ensuring accurate and efficient delivery of services.
He / She is responsible for identifying process improvement to increase productivity and improve quality and customer satisfaction.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Process accreditation of new service providers and ensures compliance to accreditation requirements;
- Monitors and reviews validity of service agreements and/or contracts, permits and licenses.
- Maintains updated service provider database;
- Ensure to perform regular service provider performance evaluation;
- Initiates investigation of delivery / shipment incident and submit assessment report on-time.
- Prepare and process claims against service provider on cargo damaged incidents and /or coordinates with Risks Team for insurance claims.
- Ensure to monitor claims receivable and payment settlement.
- Checks and validates freight billing against shipment.
- Initiate freight cost review and identify alternatives to optimize freight cost
- Handles logistics related project that result improve quality and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains files of logistics documents and records in compliance to the quality management standards.
- Ensures compliance to food safety and quality standards set by HACCP, GMP & ISO;
- Performs other related activities that may be assigned by immediate superior.
- Complies with quality, Halal, health and food safety policy, standards and regulations of the company.
- Responsible for reporting problems related to Halal, food safety & quality management system to identified authorities.
Graduate of any 4 year business related course
At least 6 months work experience in logistics / supply chain or equivalent
CRITICAL SKILLS OR COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Proficient in computerized systems and application.
- Ability to work collaboratively with external parties.
- Detailed oriented and strong follow-up skills.
- Customer focus
- Must possess analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication and organization skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- With strong sense of urgency