- Kiwalan Cove, Dalipuga, Iligan City, Lanao del Norte, Philippines
Pilmico Foods Corporation & Gold Coin Management Holdings are the integrated agribusiness and food companies of Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Inc. (AEV). Gold Coin is now fully-managed and owned by Pilmico International and to date, it is the largest investment in the Asia-Pacific region in their shared history.
Pilmico comprises four divisions: Flour, Feeds, Farms, and Trading; enabling growth to its partners through its consistent quality products and unparalleled supporting services. Meanwhile, Gold Coin is a pioneer in animal nutrition and the manufacturing of scientifically-balanced animal feed in Asia. With their combined strengths, Pilmico & Gold Coin represent one of the largest privately-owned agribusinesses in the region, with over 2,900 partners throughout the multitude of production facilities across 11 countries in Asia.
In its journey moving forward, the Aboitiz Group will drive change for a better world by advancing business and communities. Armed with Pilmico and Gold Coin's mission of feeding humanity, they aim to take a leadership position in innovating the food value chain in the Asia Pacific.
The Siloman is responsible for operating all the silo machinery, equipment and accessories from receiving of raw materials from vessels, trucks and vans to the storage facilities, silo and production bins ensuring smooth and efficient operation.
He is also responsible for recording of raw materials movement ensuring the accuracy of transactions and inventory.
Key Duties and Resposibilites:
Raw Materials Receiving
- Prepares and ensures storage facilities are cleaned and compliant with the company standards.
- Facilitates setting of slide gates at silo destination and ensures no unintentional intermixing of raw materials.
- Operates the receiving conveyors and equipment ensuring smooth and continuous operation is achieved.
- Monitors and ensures the wheat unloading rate is at optimal and records hourly in the monitoring file.
- Reports any abnormalities of the facilities to TL and CMD for immediate corrective actions.
- Submits periodic samples to the QA Department for analysis.
- Reports any abnormalities with regards to raw materials quality to TL and QA department for analysis and final disposition.
RM Transfer to Production
- Facilitates and operates silo to mill transfer machineries ensuring availability of wheat at the Dirty Wheat Bins.
- Ensures quality of wheat transfer and submits samples to QA for quality checking.
- Monitors and records total wheat transfer in the dirty wheat bins of every mill destination and ensures accurate data from data logger is documented and reported in the Silomans Report.
- Facilitates sounding of silos and dirty wheat bins every end of the shift.
- Reports any abnormalities in the silo to mill operations to the TL , CMD and other departments for possible corrective measures and actions that need to be taken.
Other Key Tasks:
- Performs verification and validation of SW100 during flour inventory count and as necessary.
- Facilitates cleaning and verification of bulk weighers and dust collection systems prior and during wheat unloading operation.
- Facilitates cleaning of soya conveyors prior wheat unloading operation ensuring food safety preparations are conducted.
- Facilitates turnover of silo for Feeds production usage, Trading/Toll Mill bagging source, wheat accommodation preparations for incoming wheat and other necessary transactions.
- Ensures Standard Operating Procedures are observed and checklists are properly documented.
- Complies with quality, Halal, health and food safety policy, standards and regulations of the company.
- Responsible for reporting problems related to Halal, food safety & quality management system to identified authorities.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in all company programs and activities under quality improvement, safety & security, sustainability, corporate social responsibility, risk management etc.
- Performs other related tasks as may be assigned by the Team Leader.
- Bachelor’s degree holder in any 4 or 5 year course (Preferably Engineering graduate)
- At least 2 years experience related to Warehousing, Logistics or Silo Operations.